Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denmark certainly put up a valiant fight. Not enough shots, ran out of steam. They were good to watch.
Very poor decision on the pen. Var is meant to stop big game's being decided on bad decisions. Very sorry for Denmark but England played well

Very poor decision on the pen. Var is meant to stop big game's being decided on bad decisions. Very sorry for Denmark but England played well
There's always an element of luck one way or another, referee misses something small or sees something that wasn't, can change the course of the game from anywhere in the pitch. Football is a game for play actors these days and the rules back that up.

England could have been punished more from Pickford's several mistakes. It could have been different.

I agree that it's tough on the Danes. But England did play well and in some way made their own luck.

There's always an element of luck one way or another, referee misses something small or sees something that wasn't, can change the course of the game from anywhere in the pitch. Football is a game for play actors these days and the rules back that up.

England could have been punished more from Pickford's several mistakes. It could have been different.

I agree that it's tough on the Danes. But England did play well and in some way made their own luck.
Funny how much abuse the foreign players get in the prem for diving. Dress it up how you like, it was never a pen.
Games should not be decided on incorrect decisions. That's the point of var being introduced in the game

Fair play to Denmark, they have played really well and overcame a horrendous start to the tournament. They also played out of their skin tonight.

I think England's class slowly showed as the match progressed, especially into extra time.

We will need to make fewer mistakes against Italy to have any chanxe of winning, but...... You have to be in it to win it, so why not? Well done England!!

Funny how much abuse the foreign players get in the prem for diving. Dress it up how you like, it was never a pen.
Games should not be decided on incorrect decisions. That's the point of var being introduced in the game
very soft penalty decision, i agree but so was the free kick that led to Denmarks great goal.
not as if England has not had wrong decisions in the past. thats football.
swings n roundabouts

I will tell you how tense that was.

I cracked open latest keg of Juicy pale ale before game, and the mrs kept telling me was amazing but I wasn’t listening. i didn’t care.

only now am I enjoying it. It’s really not bad. Almost as enjoyable as that that 5 mins of extra time, tasty.

Ive only been brewing 3 years so my beers and England are on a parallel growth path.

I thought the penalty was soft, but agree with the pundits who said that ones like that are generally given in the Premiership. Whether that means it should be been.... if a Danish player had gone done in similar circumstances, we'd be complaining about it for years. At the end if the day, the defender stuck his foot out, when he could have withdrawn it.

It may have been a soft penalty but I though the ref was soft on a few tackles and there should have been more cards, the haters will make a big deal of the penalty but it doesn't matter now we got to the final.

It was tense, we deserved to win as we were all over them in the second half

After 96 am pleased for Southgate

I actualluy thought there was too much in playing for free kicks holding their faces and legs and jumping into opposition at every opportunity Denmark worse as England tried to create opportunities.

It is funny how it happened less when we managed to "ahem" "get fouled" for the penalty :laugh8:.

The diving in the Italy v Spain game was bad but after Sterling's little tumble I think Tom Daly will be worried about his position in the Olympics.

The diving in the Italy v Spain game was bad but after Sterling's little tumble I think Tom Daly will be worried about his position in the Olympics.

Don't hate the player hate the game, the game is designed around that kind of thing now being a significant part of it. Denmark holding their faces every few mins, they must have really sensitive skin.

I used to love football but I despise the antics. I still enjoy the game but since i discovered Rugby and cricket and other sports 20 odd years ago I just do not see it the same.

Still we are in a final and its a once in a life time opportunity to witness it, so dives face holding whatever... its what football is and I will just support and hope we win.
I will say this in Englands defence, we at least tried to push foward and score last night.

And if you're picking up your daily paper in Scotland, the result may pass you by. A single line at the bottom of the front page of the Scottish Daily Mail tells readers they'll have to turn to page seven for details.

We have the technology to catch these cheats why don't they review fouls where players fake injury then get up a second after they get the free kick as if nothing happened, start punishing the players for diving and they will soon stop.
Fully agree. It as happened a number of times throughout this tournament, including that plonker who was rolling around like he was shot only to get up 5 second later and celebrate after he saw his team had scored.

As for Sterling, he choose to dive and cheat. Just because everyone is doing it, doesn't make it right, not the best image for kids watching the game. But according to the commentators, England deserved a penalty, so by playing well they deserve to have a penalty, never heard of that one.

Fully agree. It as happened a number of times throughout this tournament, including that plonker who was rolling around like he was shot only to get up 5 second later and celebrate after he saw his team had scored.

As for Sterling, he choose to dive and cheat. Just because everyone is doing it, doesn't make it right, not the best image for kids watching the game. But according to the commentators, England deserved a penalty, so by playing well they deserve to have a penalty, never heard of that one.
💯
Harry Kane and sterling are in the top 3 in the premier League for diving. Stick Salah on that list as well.
The difference is they get away with it because they are English.

Back