Eurovision 2019

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't watched it since Terry stopped hosting it but am not surprised to read - The UK's Michael Rice came bottom, after getting just three points from the public vote, and a total of 16 points for Bigger Than Us, why do we bother entering its not a contest.

BBC News -

The Netherlands' Duncan Laurence has won the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest with his song Arcade.

He had been the bookmakers' favourite to win, and came through to the top of the leaderboard with 492 points after the public vote.

The UK's Michael Rice came bottom, after getting just three points from the public vote, and a total of 16 points for Bigger Than Us.

Laurence said: "Here's to dreaming big, this is to music first, always."

The last time The Netherlands won was 1975. The audience joined in as Laurence performed the track again at the end of the show.

Italy finished second with 465 and Russia third with 369 points.

Hopefully if we ever complete brexit and leave Europe they will not let us enter acheers.

The problem with the competition this year was that all the songs were utter garbage.

The winer was 476 points higher than last place our song must have been really bad.

Never watch the songs, they're always pants, but always turn over to laugh at the voting, Greece always votes for Cyprus, Cyprus always votes for Greece, Britain always votes for Ireland, no-one ever votes for Britain etc. Never been quite the same with Graham Norton though, I miss Wogan's irreverence.

IMG_20190519_011102.jpg

I though
I haven't watched it since Terry stopped hosting it but am not surprised to read - The UK's Michael Rice came bottom, after getting just three points from the public vote, and a total of 16 points for Bigger Than Us, why do we bother entering its not a contest.

BBC News -

The Netherlands' Duncan Laurence has won the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest with his song Arcade.

He had been the bookmakers' favourite to win, and came through to the top of the leaderboard with 492 points after the public vote.

The UK's Michael Rice came bottom, after getting just three points from the public vote, and a total of 16 points for Bigger Than Us.

Laurence said: "Here's to dreaming big, this is to music first, always."

The last time The Netherlands won was 1975. The audience joined in as Laurence performed the track again at the end of the show.

Italy finished second with 465 and Russia third with 369 points.

I thought we weren't allowed to mention the 'B' word