Evening from a very wet Bedfordshire...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyLenihan

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm Danny - have been reading this forum for a year or so, but a bit of a silent lurker. Thought it was about time I got involved.

Started brewing January 2018 and have expanded my gear rapidly and intensely, and I'm thoroughly enjoying making it up as I go along. I brew with my bestie, and we currently run the following set up:

2 x 60l Electric Kettle (1 HLT and 1 Brew Kettle)
2 x 100l Gas Kettles (1 HLT and 1 Brew Kettle)
2 x 80l Thermopot Mashtuns
3 x 60l Spiedel Fermenters
2 x Chest Freezers - one converted for fermentation, the other converted as a Keezer which houses 3 Corny Kegs
5 x various pumps for shifting the good stuff about

My mate and I built our own temperature regulators for the freezers, and a bottling/kegging machine that drags the brew with peristaltic pumps through four inline 1 micron filters.

We brew probably once a month, and usually two brews in a day. We also just bought 35kg of hops and now have no idea how we're going to use it all!

35Kg of hops?
Are you sure? That's a capital outlay well over £500.

Already purchased and in the Fridge. Not sure how to add pics, or I'd show you. We were paying between £7 and £9 for a 100g, which is a lot of money when you can pick up hops from around £50 to £100 for 5KG. All pellets.

And welcome, by the way. Sounds like a nice bit of kit.
Er. Why do you need two of everything, by the way?

We don't - upgraded as we went a long, but didn't sell off the old kit. Having the two mashtuns is useful though as we can run two brews at the same time. Keeping the 60l kettles enabled that, as we can decant the sparge water prior to pumping from the MT's back in to the 100l kettles. Need to grow more arms mind...

Back