Every Post on this subject eventually gets shut down ....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
... but here goes!

Apparently, some time today, our esteemed (joke) Foreign Secretary will apparently ...

".... make the “liberal” case for Brexit, arguing that opening the UK to the “best and brightest” migrants from around the world, and not just the EU, would help the country."

Apart from Boris making a "liberal" case for anything (surely another joke) my last visits to the local Doctor's and Hospital have incurred interviews with Consultants, Surgeons and Doctors from Pakistan, Nigeria, India and Bangladesh.

Live and learn eh? I didn't even know that these countries had joined the EU!:gulp:

I think the point he's making is that we already get the best and brightest from outside the EU, as well as the best and brightest from in the EU, and economic migrants from the EU who fill vital rolls in unskilled industries. So brexit won't help. And I must say I agree.

I was never too concerned about EU immigration. My concern has mostly been about some from outside who are a very long way from being bright or best at anything other than scheming, plotting and screwing the system.
At least the EU citizens are from compatible cultures.

All that was needed surely was to stop benefits shopping and to tighten the external EU border to stop a flood of migrants (not asylum seekers). Guess what neither occurred and a result slightly more than half of those who voted stuck two fingers up to the EU, I think if those two things had been sorted those voting on the I don't want to be ruled by brussels ticket may not have had the majority. :nod:

I was never too concerned about EU immigration. My concern has mostly been about some from outside who are a very long way from being bright or best at anything other than scheming, plotting and screwing the system.
At least the EU citizens are from compatible cultures.

It's been shown time and time again that overall, immigrants add to the UK economy overall rather than take away. I'm sure there are some who will come to the UK and claim benefits (whether because that was the aim of because they found themselves in that position) but there are also people born in the UK who will do the same - do we ship them off somewhere or leave them to rot in the street? Making it harder to migrate to the UK legally just makes it harder for people to actually get jobs when they're here - without demonstrating a right to work in the UK you can't get a job, so then what? Besides, I'm not sure you can blame someone trying to get something better for themselves or their families, irrespective of whether they have been lucky enough to win the lottery of life and issue forth whilst their mothers were on British soil.

And what does "compatible cultures" mean, because the way your post reads is not reflective of a culture I would like the UK to be adopting!

I take the view that you respect and adopt the culture of the country you are foreign to but are in. And also if you don't like the culture don't go there.
So there are countries that are against/forbid the consumption of alcohol. Do I go over there and try and impose my beliefs on them, NO.
What annoys me is that those who seek to impose their culture upon our way of life and disrupt ours are not shipped back from whence they came.
The UK is an inclusive culture but that doesn't mean we should allow those with no tolerance of our way of life in. (I've not perhaps explained this very well, which is likely to be down to being able to drink my HB freely and express a view without fear of persecution.... :thumb:)

It's been shown time and time again that overall, immigrants add to the UK economy overall rather than take away. I'm sure there are some who will come to the UK and claim benefits (whether because that was the aim of because they found themselves in that position) but there are also people born in the UK who will do the same - do we ship them off somewhere or leave them to rot in the street? Making it harder to migrate to the UK legally just makes it harder for people to actually get jobs when they're here - without demonstrating a right to work in the UK you can't get a job, so then what? Besides, I'm not sure you can blame someone trying to get something better for themselves or their families, irrespective of whether they have been lucky enough to win the lottery of life and issue forth whilst their mothers were on British soil.

And what does "compatible cultures" mean, because the way your post reads is not reflective of a culture I would like the UK to be adopting!

Interestingly this is true of migrants from the EU. They work, earn money, pay taxes and don't bring in their elderly relatives to be a burden on the NHS. It is not true of migrants from all areas. No prizes for guessing which migrants are a burden on the NHS, DHSS etc. With certain migrant communities only 50% of men of working age work. For women vastly fewer of them work.

I take the view that you respect and adopt the culture of the country you are foreign to but are in. And also if you don't like the culture don't go there.
So there are countries that are against/forbid the consumption of alcohol. Do I go over there and try and impose my beliefs on them, NO.
What annoys me is that those who seek to impose their culture upon our way of life and disrupt ours are not shipped back from whence they came.
The UK is an inclusive culture but that doesn't mean we should allow those with no tolerance of our way of life in. (I've not perhaps explained this very well, which is likely to be down to being able to drink my HB freely and express a view without fear of persecution.... :thumb:)

Much I can agree with there - the world would be a much better place if cultural and religious views weren't being inflicted upon others. Always liking to think about the other side of the coin, you have to wonder what that means for Brits though. We have Christian missionaries overseas, and what is the right answer on issues like Iraq, North Korea, Saudi Arabia etc?

I think we're universally accepted that we should all be able to enjoy home brew unhindered!

No prizes for guessing which migrants are a burden on the NHS, DHSS etc. With certain migrant communities only 50% of men of working age work. For women vastly fewer of them work.

In my view, if you want to be able to discuss topics such as this and to not have discussion moderated, you should be specific and back it up with evidence.

In my view, if you want to be able to discuss topics such as this and to not have discussion moderated, you should be specific and back it up with evidence.
You're on line. You hardly need my help to find facts. If my source wasn't liberal enough many lefties would say it had no credibility anyway.

You're on line. You hardly need my help to find facts. If my source wasn't liberal enough many lefties would say it had no credibility anyway.

It's a shame you haven't chosen to substantiate your arguments. I'll use the language you have provided and Google "which migrants are a burden on the NHS" and see what I think of the credibility of the answers I find. I won't, I'm be facetious, but hopefully you see my point.

My worry is that this Borris trying to be taken seriously and starting a campaign for taking over from Theresa May as Prime Minister. I was a remainer from the start and was gobsmacked at the result, I just think it's better for the country as a whole to stay in. As for the immigration issue, I'm the child of immigrants who came to this country after WW2 from Ireland so it's difficult to be impartial.

It's a shame you haven't chosen to substantiate your arguments. I'll use the language you have provided and Google "which migrants are a burden on the NHS" and see what I think of the credibility of the answers I find. I won't, I'm be facetious, but hopefully you see my point.

Only 20% of Muslims are in full time employment, compared to 35% of the general population, this is even worse than it looks considering that they have a relatively small number that are over retirement age.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31435929

I find it really hard to think that I would deny someone coming from a hideous place access to the same services I get just because I was lucky enough to be born here and not in some foresaken hole in the desert.

I find it really hard to think that I would deny someone coming from a hideous place access to the same services I get just because I was lucky enough to be born here and not in some foresaken hole in the desert.

The country is what the people make it, mass import enough people from said hole and that area turns into the same type of hole.

Born, raised and living in London, a very multicultural city with groups from all over the world and all different cultures living here, you can imagine in my day to day come in contact with a lot of non UK born people. Never once have any foreign people forced their culture onto me. I've had Christians try and convert me, I've people of certain religions (although their nationality is British) try and convert me too, but never had a Polish man force sauerkraut into me. Nor have I had an Indian person force me to wear any sort of traditional Indian dress (there was a huge Indian community where I grew up, never forced to do anything Indian). My dad meets a lot of Muslims on his morning dog walk, they usually say hello to him, or ask to pet the dog if there's any interaction at all.

I have had British people enforce their old fashioned uninformed and unwanted views on me though. Many British citizens do not make informed decisions, and those that think they do do not understand statistics and data, and make bad decisions and views based on their misunderstanding.

In my experience, when people start to get worried about foreigners "taking over" they usually haven't met many and base their views on the narrow band of w*nkers the media decide to cover.

Born, raised and living in London, a very multicultural city with groups from all over the world and all different cultures living here, you can imagine in my day to day come in contact with a lot of non UK born people. Never once have any foreign people forced their culture onto me. I've had Christians try and convert me, I've people of certain religions (although their nationality is British) try and convert me too, but never had a Polish man force sauerkraut into me. Nor have I had an Indian person force me to wear any sort of traditional Indian dress (there was a huge Indian community where I grew up, never forced to do anything Indian). My dad meets a lot of Muslims on his morning dog walk, they usually say hello to him, or ask to pet the dog if there's any interaction at all.

I have had British people enforce their old fashioned uninformed and unwanted views on me though. Many British citizens do not make informed decisions, and those that think they do do not understand statistics and data, and make bad decisions and views based on their misunderstanding.

In my experience, when people start to get worried about foreigners "taking over" they usually haven't met many and base their views on the narrow band of w*nkers the media decide to cover.

How about educating me with that bit of statistical data I linked to, I take it you must have some different understanding of it?
Also I meet more 'foreigners' each day than I do native British and I get on fine with most of them.

Before getting into the (probably non-existent) "UK Immigration Problem" could you please take the time to listen and watch the attached Chris Rock video.

It goes a long way to explaining how people within a given society look at their own people. I for one was not surprised to see Chris Rock voicing my own opinion of my own society; regardless of their creed, colour or nationality.

Enjoy.:gulp:

PS

If you are offended by the "N" word prepare to be very offended!

Latest posts

Back