Executive man shed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
Greetings from an exiled Northerner in South London.

After years of hinting my wife finally relented and bought me some basic apparatus at Christmas for use in the executive shed (summerhouse). Fair to say I'm bitten by the bug and have enjoyed reading many old threads on here.

First brew was a Wherry (some of it ended up on floor) but what made the pressure barrel went down a storm with family this weekend.

Have an Admirals Reserve kit which has now been in PB 4 weeks after nearly 3 on the yeast and is also looking/ tasting good.

Just bottled up 36 pints of Muntons Highland Heavy (first foray into bottling figure I'll try and pick up one skill at a time - that was also messy).Also smelled bananas no doubt as a result of me forgetting to turn the heating off.

Like all new brewers finding patience to be a challenge. Intend to attempt an extract recipe ( the theakstons OP pack) no later than the weekend.

Hey welcome to the Forum. and yes you sound like the bug is well an truely bitten.

Few simple words of advice, take your time and enjoy it, figure out why your making a mess and the simple stuff will get easier.

Leave the beer a good few weeks, the likes of Wherry and admirals reserve will be so much better after a few weeks conditioning.

Happy Brewing!!

Welcome to the forum.
May the shed be productive.
If you are venturing into extract brewing many all grain recipes can be easily converted. Graham Wheelers book 'Brew your own British Real Ales' (try your local library for a copy) contains many examples.

Welcome to the forum.
May the shed be productive.
If you are venturing into extract brewing many all grain recipes can be easily converted. Graham Wheelers book 'Brew your own British Real Ales' (try your local library for a copy) contains many examples.

Thanks mate - have been genuinely rxcited wating for these to arrive from CAMRA

Attachments

• 20180314_221206.jpg
    20180314_221206.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 112

Latest posts

Back