experimental hop ideas?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stpete

Reaction score
Anyone else seen these,

http://stocksfarm.net/shop/uncategorized/experimental-gp75/
http://stocksfarm.net/shop/uncategorized/experimental-gn37/

The GP75 looks perfect for an American pale or an IPA "GP75 Aromas: very pungent grapefruit, lime & citrus �" Aroma score at least 9/10."

But I'm still wondering about the the GN37, I think it would suit something a bit darker? "GN37 Aromas: floral, honey, grassy. Aroma score: 6/10"

What would you do?
I have a couple of hundred grams of each, I welcome any suggestions please? :wha::wha::wha:
Save

I guess the main problem is that the alpha acid is unknown. You could use another neutral bettering hop like magnum that doesn't add much flavour for the 60 minute addition then add the experimental hops at 15/10/5/0 minutes to try to get a feel for their flavour and aroma but still get a beer hopefully still within a sensible bitterness target.that is the approach I've taken on my first brew with home grown first gold hops.

I bought them hoping that one of them is the next Jester or Citra.
Stocks farm is the only farm that grows Jester, its so good that us homebrewers cant get any yet, it all goes to contract.
I also bought some 2016 leaf hops from them and the aroma from these is stunning (I bought 500g bags and repacked into 50g bags to freeze).
Can't recommend Stocks farm highly enough and can't wait till the experimental hops arrive monday!!

I bought them hoping that one of them is the next Jester or Citra.
Stocks farm is the only farm that grows Jester, its so good that us homebrewers cant get any yet, it all goes to contract.
I also bought some 2016 leaf hops from them and the aroma from these is stunning (I bought 500g bags and repacked into 50g bags to freeze).
Can't recommend Stocks farm highly enough and can't wait till the experimental hops arrive monday!!

You can get some Jester right now from Malt Miller.

I am really interested in seeing how this GP75 turns out, but £10 inc delivery from Stocks Farm is kinda putting me off taking the plunge!

I got some GP75 in 2015 and made a pale ale with it. Was pretty good, but pretty mild by US hope standards. I'd recommend using quite a lot if you really want to get something really citrusy.

I've got another pale ale to bottle which I made using Bramling X from Stock's Farm. That's turned out really nice - lots of berry flavour.

I bought some GP75 in an order from The-home-brew-shop. I've also been put off by the delivery costs direct from Stock's. Now trawling the internet for impressions and recipe that people have used.

Definitely. Not to mention there's not even a hint as to the Alpha Acid content of them.. as such I'll probably use them at the end f the boil and to dry hop with. They actually just arrived this afternoon. :thumb:

Back