Ey Up ! OLD BEERS & BREWING BLOG !!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you Google search for a site you'll get:

Capture.JPG

Click them three vertical dots and get:

Capture-ii.JPG

Click the "Cached" button and hope you catch something useful. Repeat n-billion times! Good luck!

Missed his slightly quirky posts but Rons blog is a mine of information. I wonder if he ever sells many books with so much material being on his blog.
I'm sure Ron flogs a few books, and not all of them will be to me! But his books collect themes from right across his blogs. Sure, the blog contains much of the information but his "cunning plan" seems to be to keep filling the blog with so much stuff you are forced to buy the books or spends hours (days, years ...) hunting through the blog posts.

The books are printed "on demand". Amazon do them, but I think he favours >"Lulu"<. Lulu seem to be better quality; the Amazon example I have went all curly within a day or two. But Amazon do have the "Kindle" versions.

(This is an unashamed plug for his books ... well, got to keep encouraging the guy!).

[EDIT: Who the hell is Andrew? From his Lulu site.]
[EDIT ii: Andrew = his son; is handing over the reins?]

Last edited:
Searching Ron's post is the easy part, if you search by labels. I made me some many-paged "encyclopaedias" from his blog by printing label search results into a PDF-file: "Let's Brew + Fuller's", "Let's Brew + Mild" and so on.
The hardest part comes when you have all those encyclopedias printed and saved and then you need to select
a recipe to brew, from hundreds and hundreds :D

Missed his slightly quirky posts but Rons blog is a mine of information. I wonder if he ever sells many books with so much material being on his blog.
He'd sell a few more, to me, at least, if he had a proper publisher instead of that Lulu thing that, as far as I understand, makes some copies and spiral binds them. Kindle? Not for me, thanks, I like something to hold and turn the pages down and annotate.

He'd sell a few more, to me, at least, if he had a proper publisher instead of that Lulu thing that, as far as I understand, makes some copies and spiral binds them. ...
Think I missed out on the spiral bindings. Here's what you get now (curly Amazon book on left - there's nothing holding the page open, it just curls like that):

20211005_130420_WEB.jpg

Think I missed out on the spiral bindings. Here's what you get now (curly Amazon book on left - there's nothing holding the page open, it just curls like that):

View attachment 55250
I had a Boak and Bailey book "Balmy Nectar" (surely it should be "Barmy Nectar") printed by Amazon and, yes, it's curly. Not the same large format as in your picture, which looks to be A4, so not quite as curly, but a little insubstantial nonetheless.
Maybe Lulu have changed their binding, then.

While in tune to "plugging" here's an alternative to Edd's site. Drop a "d" and don't expect recipes, but some very interesting snippets about beer ... Ed's Beer Site

(BTW, my first post in this thread was plugging my work - just in case you missed the plug - and the emulations I was talking about are discussed a little bit >here<).

Thanks, @chopps, the Wayback Machine luckily still keeps a lot of Edd's recipes, and I copy them, one by one. Some day I'll copy all of them, hopefully. You never know which one of the many you fancy to brew some day, so all are worthy to save.
My complaints are rather about "Repeat n-billion times" to copy them. No label- or keyword-search on TWBM unfortunately, unlike on Blogger.

Back