Eyup’ from Tarn

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TarnSup

Reaction score
Alright All,

Just started getting into brewing from gods own country (Yorkshire) but more specifically Barnsley! Hoping to learn a few things along the way, got a big passion for anything that involves food and drink, such as growing my own vegetables down my allotment, trying to brew my own beer to cooking meals for my friends and family. Also bit of a **** artist and enjoy suppin’ copious amounts of ale while following my other love of my life Barnsley FC.

Hopefully learn a boatload off of you lot only got one Kit brew on at the minute but looking to expand into BIAB and All Grain.

Good evening and welcome! So you already did a kit, which one? And why?

I have done a Mangrove Jacks Grapefruit IPA, I’m a big fan of juicy beers at the moment. I’m going to try the Wilko/Coopers cervesa with some dry hop additions next I think. I bought a 15l pot to try some small batch all grain but don’t think I have enough knowledge yet to step into all grain

Hi TarnSup, welcome to the forum, loads of advice on here mate. I lurked for a while, whilst organising my set up and subsequent brewing, this place and its members have been an invaluable source of information. OP.

I have done a Mangrove Jacks Grapefruit IPA, I’m a big fan of juicy beers at the moment. I’m going to try the Wilko/Coopers cervesa with some dry hop additions next I think. I bought a 15l pot to try some small batch all grain but don’t think I have enough knowledge yet to step into all grain

Try a hand at partial mash: you use grain for the special malts, but for the bulk you use extract. A good way to get into the process!

Try a hand at partial mash: you use grain for the special malts, but for the bulk you use extract. A good way to get into the process!

That seems like a plan, I’ll look into it. I’ve got a 15l pot so I’m not able to do humongous batches. Probably have a go at a couple of 10l batches.

... and as a Donny Fan I know there is also Stancill Brewery who do a version of Barnsley Bitter BUT imo the Acorn version is the best of the two particulrly at Old Number 7 in Tarn

Glad you avoided the drop and those cheating got what was coming their way lol

... and as a Donny Fan I know there is also Stancill Brewery who do a version of Barnsley Bitter BUT imo the Acorn version is the best of the two particulrly at Old Number 7 in Tarn

Glad you avoided the drop and those cheating got what was coming their way lol

Number 7 is a quality watering hole before a match, Acorns version is far superior you are right!

My bum hole was nipping though, but how we scrape out of situation all the time by skin of our teeth it’s the Barnsley way!

Latest posts

Back