F1 shambles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm not really an F1 fan but watch it now and again. Probably haven't watched a whole race since Graham Hill vs Schumacher. Normally a first corner man. I have got to admit that this race had me on the edge of my seat most of the time (a little slack in the middle) but when someone is 11 seconds ahead with 5 laps to go and then the safety car comes out, it changed from a race to a sprint. I'm not really a Lewis fan either but he was robbed and feel for him. How can you have a 100 mile(I don't know the exact distance) race that is stopped and restarted with 2 miles(again I don't know the exact distance) to go. It had me as a potential new fan but then lost me again. I'll probably wait until the last race next season now. Shame they nearly had me

The last time i watched F1 some of the cars had 6 wheels!

Last weeks tactics and crashing tweaked my interest and the fact it was on Freeview was the clincher so i watched it today, it all ended a bit messy but it would have been a **** ending had they not done it obviously fans wont agree but for a casual viewer like me it was great.

Hmmmm. Should max have won? Should mercedes pitted Hamilton for fresh tyres, should the race director allowed only 5 cars through under safety car to allow a final lap race, or finished under a safety car (yawn), should Hamilton been forced to give up his position on the opening lap, should max have been penalised 3 times on the last race and therefore lost, should the fia have bartered with mercedes and redbull on restart positions at jeddah , should [insert about 20 examples of Massey messing up his job as race director this season] have happened?
Look, it was a exciting race and one Hollywood would have been proud to produce.
But it is what it is. Race done and we have a winner. Is it the right one?
Probably.
Is it a pyrrhic victory for max?
Probably
Should they overturn the result because of 'rule breaches'? No!
The only loser in this whole season has been the Fia and formula 1. They have been a farce and whilst today's race was proper edge of seat and unpredictable, it was all the fault of an fia that can't manage a race.
Astonishing lack of consistency throughout the whole season with max rightly saying he felt victimised and Lewis ultimately losing the win on this race by seat of the pants rule interpretation.
Fia and liberty media should be ashamed. However, on the other hand I like the decision rationale to 'race' and make it exciting. But it needs to be consistent.
Unfortunately all I see happening is rules taking an ever greater priority and almost VAR type adjudication happening

They are still standing outside the stewards office and both teams have now gone back in to hear the outcome, i cannot see it changing.

Pfft, the earlier incident with Lewis H & Max V was a case of win some lose some. As for allowing 5 cars thru - once you start letting cars unlap you should finish letting them all unlap, only that would mean a finish under safety car?

If the rules allow for that then that should have happened. seems like there had been a bit too much tweaking for entertainment. Remember in one snooker final when one guy was thrashed and the match finished earlier or a test match that doesn't make the full 5 days. if the rules allow for a sub-optimal finale thats the way things happen sometimes.

They messed up with the belgian grand prix. I'm not wasting anymore of my time on F1. I have been lucky to see the shumacher and hamilton era, never thought I'd see shumacher records being surpassed. Hamilton has won a championship on the last lap himself, however there was no dubious last minute decision made then.

Well done to Max he didn't write the rules. So sad for Hamilton, he deserved better. The future belongs to Max, Hammy might have one more chance to get his 8th Championship. But I'll be playing warzone2100, Talishman, Empire Earth II and cycling on my Sundays from now on.

Last edited:
Changing the rules on the last lap of an entire season purely to give it an entertainment factor was pretty unfair..

Imagine if a team was winning the world cup final 2-0 but on the 89th minute the ref reset the scores to 0-0 and gave the what was losing team a free penalty..

Okay that is extreme but kind of similar to what happened, it is a farce, we have two great racers and it comes down to making the sport look like a mockery.

What Shambles?
nothing like controversy and chaos to get next year's viewing figures up.

I has worked i will be watching the rematch on the first day but i have a feeling i will have stopped by the third.

Next year could be good - lots of changes might mean more teams being competitive - Mercedes sound confident about next season though so who knows.

I'm surprised Ferrari haven't complained as their driver in P3 had a lapped car in front of him that wasn't allowed to unlap and so couldn't really challenge P2 in that final lap.Its the only full race I've watched this year but it left me feeling frustrated with the result.

The race should’ve been red flagged straight away. All cars would’ve put new boots on and we’d have a little sprint race to finish with. **** finish to a descent season. I can’t see Masi staying on next season as he’s made some poor decisions and looked weak against the strong team principals.

F1 used to be a cracking motor sport to watch, the days of senna, prost, mansel even coultard, button, alonso days were what i would call f1 racing!

Sure hamilton has broken many records, but its like watching paint dry, best car etc etc.

As for the sky commentator, omg he is so over the top it's almost embarrising......just imagine him commenentating a lap of the isle of man with joey dunlop or hislop riding, the poor guy would have a heart attack!!!

Lewis is an acceptional driver but really nice to see some one else win for a change eh?

I'm surprised Ferrari haven't complained as their driver in P3 had a lapped car in front of him that wasn't allowed to unlap and so couldn't really challenge P2 in that final lap.Its the only full race I've watched this year but it left me feeling frustrated with the result.

LH got a big advantage on lap 1 when MV got under him in a turn and he cut the corner the commontators said he got an advantage but that's not been mentioned

As for the sky commentator, omg he is so over the top it's almost embarrising......just imagine him commenentating a lap of the isle of man with joey dunlop or hislop riding, the poor guy would have a heart attack!!!

I agree totally over the top and annoying he should get a job in football or horse racing.

Latest posts

Back