F1 shambles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LH got a big advantage on lap 1 when MV got under him in a turn and he cut the corner the commontators said he got an advantage but that's not been mentioned

I can understand that but Max has been getting away with that all season and pushing people off the track.

I am all for the best man winning but this was manufactured to a massive farce

@Theoriginalrich has it right, if they wanted to create a drama winner takes all they should have stopped it, let them put fresh boots on and race 5 laps to the death fairly.

But if they followed the protocol properly it should have finished behind the safety car. Maybe not the end people wanted but you cannot just change the rules to make it unfair, that's like saying as I said above lets ignore who's winning a football match and reset it with an unfair advantage for the winning team.

I am pleased for Max but FIA have really bought themselves into disrepute.

I'm surprised Ferrari haven't complained as their driver in P3 had a lapped car in front of him that wasn't allowed to unlap and so couldn't really challenge P2 in that final lap.Its the only full race I've watched this year but it left me feeling frustrated with the result.

I 'think' Sainz was on old hards as well (can't remember him pitting) so probably wouldn't have caught Max BUT it would have given Max something else to think about instead of just having to make a lunge past Hamilton.

LH got a big advantage on lap 1 when MV got under him in a turn and he cut the corner the commontators said he got an advantage but that's not been mentioned

The stewards decisions all season have been inconsistent which culminated in yesterday's shambles from the Race Director. What happens in the future? No racing and give the win to the team whose principal can negotiate the best outcome with the race director?

I don't think team principals should be allowed to influence him during the race but his retort to Toto Wolf that 'it is called motor racing. We went car racing' was incredibly stupid as we all remember what he called a race in Belgium; 2 laps behind the safety car, no overtaking and it's done - all because they didn't want to refund tickets or repay sponsors/advertisers. It seems money is the only language in modern F1. Let's not forget that Abu Dhabi pay millions each year just to be the last race on the calendar, hoping for a decider like yesterday.

1639380714088.png

Hamilton fan here.

The pro race circuit has been using Belle Isle in Detroit during the summer and basically keeping it from its intended purpose of serving the citizens. With a little pushback, they are moving the race from the island.
I don't know anything about racing (see photo) so don't know what you'd call the cars.

I did wonder about that because he did seem to gain more distance.

@DavieC
I did wonder about that because he did seem to gain more distance.

LH supporters have been phoning 5 live all day saying LH backed off to let MV close the gap all i can say is i am neutral and it didn't look like that to me.

I have watched f1 for years. The stewarding has gone bonkers. I do not care who won but if they going to strict all season the say something and then u turn is idiotic not entertaing. Huge own goal. Not thinking I will bother anymore and go watch moto gp instead

Avoiding a collision because verstappen drove across the front of his car . What else could he do? The stewards should of made him give the position back but the stewarding has gone bonkers

Avoiding a collision because verstappen drove across the front of his car . What else could he do? The stewards should of made him give the position back but the stewarding has gone bonkers

MV got to the corner first and stayed on track in my view he did nothing wrong LH gained by taking the route he did and i don't believe he gave the time back.

In the video at 55 seconds commontator 1 says "LH in the lead but will he have to give back the place" commontator 2 says "of course he will but the problem is Perez is on his tail"

fff.JPG

ffffffff.JPG
f2.JPG

f5555.JPG

Attachments

• f5555.JPG
    f5555.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 24
No MV out braked his self, and in the commentary you clearly hear MV had to make that lungue he out brake his self clear as night is day

Well he didn't lock up and he stayed on course and if you look at picture two they are side by side and parallel.

MV fans will say LH gained and LH fans will say he didnt and at the end of the day it makes no odds MV won and nothing is going to change that.

Well ,i am a lifelong f1 fan and i think Masi made absolutely the right call ,it is after all called motor racing ,
this was a fitting end to a fantastic season ,at the end of the day ,Mercedes could of pitted ,choose not to so as not to lose track position and and lost a one lap sprint ,thats racing ! To me it just shows Mercedes to be extremely bad losers by appealing the result ,can you imagine if a premier league result was challenged because the ref missed something five minutes from the end .
A sad end to a great season !

Had this farce happened mid season hardly anyone would saying anything. But, to settle a world championship with a one lap sprint is all sorts of wrong. I’m a Maclaren fan and in no way bitter, I do though feel short changed.
I hope Mercedes drop their protests and concentrate on what looks to be a very different season next year.

Last edited:
Well he didn't lock up and he stayed on course and if you look at picture two they are side by side and parallel.

MV fans will say LH gained and LH fans will say he didnt and at the end of the day it makes no odds MV won and nothing is going to change that.
Never mind pic 2 look at pic 3 MV is straight forcing LH off the track, nothing will change though

100% manipulated for the purpose of exciting TV. Only letting a few cars pass so Max could be right on lewis' coattails on the last lap? I mean come on! If rules and protocols can be flaunted on a whim, what chance is there for fairness?

Never mind pic 2 look at pic 3 MV is straight forcing LH off the track, nothing will change though

Its called racing and they didn't call it dangerous, this is why so many like me stopped watching years ago we want to see a bit of wheel banging not the boring team order based borefest it turned into.

F1 used to be a cracking motor sport to watch, the days of senna, prost, mansel even coultard, button, alonso days were what i would call f1.

I disagree. This season for me was like Senna / Prost revisited, albeit within the confines of much stricter rules. I can’t remember such a tense season - the last time it was so close it was Merc v Merc so the stakes this time were much higher. Nobody wants to see sterile, gentlemanly racing or Schuey winning in the pit Lane and these two took it right up to the edge of acceptability and a bit beyond. An absolute classic.

I thought this was all over and they had dropped the appeal.

I like the way it says "Insiders say Hamilton has lost trust in the governing body as a result" what about his obvious annoyance with his Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff when he wouldn't let him pit, to be honest no driver is bigger than the sport so if he doesn't want to drive fair enough there will be plenty more drivers willing to take his place.

Lewis Hamilton will not decide whether to return to Formula 1 this season until he sees the results of an inquiry into the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Hamilton is "disillusioned" with F1, his Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff has said, as a result of last year's title-deciding race.

Hamilton lost the championship to Red Bull's Max Verstappen after FIA race director Michael Masi did not apply the rules correctly in a late safety-car period.

Insiders say Hamilton has lost trust in the governing body as a result.

Mercedes declined to comment on the situation surrounding Hamilton's future when approached by BBC Sport.

The team and Hamilton are said to be aligned on the issue and waiting to see what action the FIA takes to address the matters raised by the Abu Dhabi race.

Full article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59951382

F1 is boring as watching paint dry. It has more to do with a soap opera than with actual / real racing.

To me, real racing that is exciting to watch is:

- Dakar (previously know as Paris - Dakar)
- 24 Heures du Mans
- Die grüne Hölle (aka 24 Hours of Nurburgring)

Latest posts

Back