F1

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nights are evil and the sooner I stop them the better...
Normally, I used to love the Night Shift!

The routine was that I used to creep in at 7.15, let the dog out for a few minutes, then creep upstairs being careful not to wake up the kids!

This routine was shattered when the lift for the young lad next-door arrived in his car, sounded the horn, woke my dog up so that he barked, which woke the kids up and “Bingo” everyone in our house was wide awake; including me!

I let this ride for a few days then went outside and told the driver of next-door’s lift exactly where I was going to shove his horn if he did it again! Peace descended and I got back to the normal routine.

At Christmas the same year, I said to next-door’s Dad how happy I was that the horn tooting had stopped. “Aye,” he said “I don’t know how you persuaded him to stop tooting that bl**dy horn, but now my lad has to walk round to the High Street to cadge a lift off him!”

Nights, I loved them!
:hat:

Austrian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton says fans cheering after crash was 'mind-blowing'​

1657464827954.png

Lewis Hamilton has criticised spectators at the Austrian Grand Prix for cheering when he crashed in qualifying at the Red Bull Ring.

Hamilton went off at Turn Seven, close to grandstands packed with Dutch fans of his 2021 title rival Max Verstappen.
"I was going through a bunch of stuff in the crash, but to hear it afterwards you know... I don't agree with any of that, no matter what," he said.

"A driver could have been in hospital, and you are going to cheer that?"

The incident left Hamilton 10th in qualifying, although he was promoted to ninth on the grid for Saturday's sprint event after a penalty for Red Bull's Sergio Perez.

Speaking after the sprint, Hamilton added: "It's just mind-blowing that people would do that, knowing how dangerous our sport is. I'm grateful that I wasn't in hospital and I wasn't heavily injured.

"You should never cheer someone's downfall or someone's injury."

Investigation launched into 'unacceptable abuse' at race weekend​

Formula 1 said it has launched an investigation into reports of fans being subjected to "completely unacceptable" abuse at the Austrian Grand Prix.

1657464865470.png

Hamilton later wrote on Instagram: "Disgusted and disappointed to hear that some fans are facing racist, homophobic and generally abusive behaviour at the circuit this weekend.

"Attending the Austrian Grand Prix or any GP should never be a source of anxiety and pain for fans and something must be done to ensure that races are safe spaces for all.

"Please, if you see this happening, report it to circuit security and to F1. We cannot sit back and allow this to continue."

Ferrari power 'too much at the moment'​

Hamilton will start Sunday's grand prix in eighth place, his finishing position in Saturday's sprint event.

He made a poor start and dropped to 11th on the first lap after being hit by Alpha Tauri's Pierre Gasly at the first corner.

He spent much of the sprint stuck behind Haas drivers Kevin Magnussen and Mick Schumacher but unable to pass because the Mercedes had inferior straight-line speed than their Ferrari-engined cars.

He finally managed to overtake Schumacher with two laps to go.

Hamilton said: "The Ferrari power is just too much for us at the moment.

"I don't know if it's drag, or if it's power, it's difficult to quantify which one it is.

"It wasn't particularly the most fun of races. It didn't feel that quick. But as I said, I think there was something not right with the car after that [incident with Gasly].

"But a big, big thank you to my team for putting the car together. They worked crazy hard overnight and this morning to keep us in the race, so I hope tomorrow is a bit better."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62110154

Latest posts

Back