Failed software update for Grainfather Conical Fermenter Pro

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StealthBrewer

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? I was prompted by the Grainfather app to update the software on my Conical Fermenter Pro's control unit. The unit then became unresponsive and stayed that way, with a blank screen, even though I left it for an hour. I've tried disconnecting the power, leaving it overnight, then reconnecting, but it is still the same.

I've contacted Grainfather support and am waiting for a response. But I thought I would post it here to warn those thinking of applying the update and to ask if anyone has seen (or found a fix for) this problem

Has anyone else experienced this? I was prompted by the Grainfather app to update the software on my Conical Fermenter Pro's control unit. The unit then became unresponsive and stayed that way, with a blank screen, even though I left it for an hour. I've tried disconnecting the power, leaving it overnight, then reconnecting, but it is still the same.

I've contacted Grainfather support and am waiting for a response. But I thought I would post it here to warn those thinking of applying the update and to ask if anyone has seen (or found a fix for) this problem

An update, in case it helps anyone struggling with the same problem: The nice people at Grainfather suggested that the wifi signal strength may be an issue that effects the upgrade. The signal in my "brewery" aka back room is indeed very weak. By temporarily moving my wifi extender I boosted the signal and Voila - the update worked and everything is back to normal.

Hello, I have just got this problem. Can you explain more how you managed to get around the unresponsive screen?

Hello, I have just got this problem. Can you explain more how you managed to get around the unresponsive screen?
Hi. The problem resolved itself for me by moving the fermenter closer to my wifi router and then powering on the fermenter. It then seemed to update itself and start up ok once it had a stronger wifi signal. Once it had updated itself I moved it back to its original location (which has a weak signal) and it still works.

I hope this works for you. Good luck!

Hi. The problem resolved itself for me by moving the fermenter closer to my wifi router and then powering on the fermenter. It then seemed to update itself and start up ok once it had a stronger wifi signal. Once it had updated itself I moved it back to its original location (which has a weak signal) and it still works.

I hope this works for you. Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've swapped out with the old controller as I had 24 lts of wort in there. I have also contacted GF about the problem. I'll do what you have said once this batch has been moved into a keg and update here again. Have a good day.

Latest posts

Back