Famous and great pictures.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the most iconic photos from the troubles. This was during the battle of the bog side in my home town.
Screenshot_20201122-180617.png

The boy wearing the gas mask is a 13 year old boy named Paddy Coyle. This was in 1969

On the same theme, I was 15 when this happened and remember it like yesterday.
uP2dJ7z.jpg
Omagh bombing. Really sad day, I remember running home from my friend's house after hearing the call over the radio for any doctors in the local area.. we must be of similar age then. I am 38

Omagh bombing. Really sad day, I remember running home from my friend's house after hearing the call over the radio for any doctors in the local area.. we must be of similar age then. I am 38
I have family in Omagh, thankfully unaffected, but yeah a terrible day. I'm 36, so a bit younger 😋

this should never happen, 1993

1606071601328.png

I read about this photo earlier he took the photo with a telephoto lens to make the bird seem closer than it was the child survived but Carter later took his own life writing "I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings, corpses, anger and pain”

Kevin Carter knew the stench of death. As a member of the Bang-Bang Club, a quartet of brave photographers who chronicled apartheid-era South Africa, he had seen more than his share of heartbreak. In 1993 he flew to Sudan to photograph the famine racking that land. Exhausted after a day of taking pictures in the village of Ayod, he headed out into the open bush. There he heard whimpering and came across an emaciated toddler who had collapsed on the way to a feeding center. As he took the child’s picture, a plump vulture landed nearby. Carter had reportedly been advised not to touch the victims because of disease, so instead of helping, he spent 20 minutes waiting in the hope that the stalking bird would open its wings. It did not. Carter scared the creature away and watched as the child continued toward the center. He then lit a cigarette, talked to God and wept. The New York Times ran the photo, and readers were eager to find out what happened to the child—and to criticize Carter for not coming to his subject’s aid. His image quickly became a wrenching case study in the debate over when photographers should intervene. Subsequent research seemed to reveal that the child did survive yet died 14 years later from malarial fever. Carter won a Pulitzer for his image, but the darkness of that bright day never lifted from him. In July 1994 he took his own life, writing, “I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings & corpses & anger & pain.”

Last edited:
This is an amazing photo, from a royal wedding in Coburg in the 1880s. Queen Victoria and her international network of nieces and nephews, many of whom would be kicking seven barrels of s*** out of each other all over Europe in WW1 30 years later. George V, Tsar Nicolas II and Kaiser Wilhelm II are all in there, to my shame I don’t know which is each of them.

B294098B-39F0-484C-9649-81979589DB80.jpeg

I read about this photo earlier he took the photo with a telephoto lens to make the bird seem closer than it was the child survived but Carter later took his own life writing "I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings, corpses, anger and pain”
I didn't know that Chippy just shows how easy it is to fool people, a bit the pics of beaches over the summer then if you look at the aerial shots plenty of room

Last edited by a moderator:
John Lennon signs an autograph for the man who would murder him.
1606072339028.png

Family members pass Kosovar refugee Agim Shala, 2, through a barbed wire fence into the hands of grandparents at an Albania camp, March 1999

1606073054389.png

This is an amazing photo, from a royal wedding in Coburg in the 1880s. Queen Victoria and her international network of nieces and nephews, many of whom would be kicking seven barrels of s*** out of each other all over Europe in WW1 30 years later. George V, Tsar Nicolas II and Kaiser Wilhelm II are all in there, to my shame I don’t know which is each of them.

View attachment 36149
Crazy to think how one family can cause so much pain

Loads of great Ali ones, this is one of my favourites
6eeVA3b.png

Henri Cartier-Bresson captures a moment as few can
X1uFKci.png

And a couple of contemporary ones that define our time

A famous moment where while on the campaign trail, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson proceeds to hide in a fridge to avoid answering questions from a reporter, exemplifying the meekness and cowardice of a large proportion of the English population.
8fmVrkP.png

Trump famously mocks a disabled reporter while on the campaign trail, exemplifying the genuine childishness and stupidity of a large proportion of the American population.
kr1AajF.png

And Hubbel shows just how small we all are with this picture of galaxies

esLlk5s.png

Last edited:
Back