Fast Prime - Canned Priming Solution

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadhead

Female Brewer
Reaction score
Wow. I'm not someone who brews my own beer to save money,(ha, shiny things cost money), and I have actually tried 'Proper Starter' before (but now I like to overbuild my starters, so that's very expensive.)
But this. This. Just seems to be expensive and overkill!? Okay, I guess it's like using expensive carbonation drops (though I don't use those, because I like to hone in on what I'm carbonating too), but hella expensive way to prime bottles!

https://www.northernbrewer.com/products/fast-prime-canned-priming-solution

The problem Deadhead is that brewing has become a popular hobby and where there is money to be made manufacturers will take advantage to make products that as you say are not really essential all it is doing is replacing adding sugar.
I think even people who like to spend on the latest and shiny things may baulk at this one:laugh8:

I’m actually going to get the proper starter cans as that looks like a great labour save and when I bottled i used carbonation drops, and I’m gernetally a big fan of of the shelf solutions. However, I have to agree this looks like s step too far! How much time and effort is it actually saving?

Latest posts

Back