Father’s Day is Coming!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iechyd Da Laa

Reaction score
With Father’s Day on the horizon, what are the main items that people are dropping hint for? I’m a new brewing with a pending 45L HopCat on its way. What equipment is essential or even non essential that you would recommend?

A good/sturdy spoon or stainless steel/wooden paddle, recipe books or other homebrewing info books, some ingredients or a premade kit, cleaning or sanitising solutions like star San or pbw, extra fermentation buckets, a 20L plastic Jerry can for no chill brewing

I am hoping she goes to work.

Only joking, we don't do presents for these made up days it's bad enough thinking of what to get her for Christmas.

I don't really recognise Father's Day tbh, Mother's Day is a proper thing, but father's day is a load of made up rubbish*

However, apparently the kids like celebrating it so I just told the Mrs to buy anything and I'd feign interest (whilst subtly pointing to a sports smart watch I am after)

* I refuse to recognise any made up day that wasn't invented by the Victorians, or perhaps the Edwardians. Baaa humbug.

I have for the past few years told my wife / kids to please put me a bit of wedge in a card if they wish to give me a present for father's Day / birthday / Christmas and I'm very happy to say that it has kept both of my hobbies (motorcycling and brewing) afloat.
At my age there is little that I need and the last thing I need is junk and trinkets !

Mark

Im hoping for a day of peace and quiet.no nagging or could you justs . Maby a nice breakfast and kind words and smiles all day. And my wife to cook me a curry of my choise to the recepie. Keep the money dont waste it on me. Buy the boy some thing.

I sound dull and boaring dont i but i dont like other people buying me stuff.

A good/sturdy spoon or stainless steel/wooden paddle, recipe books or other homebrewing info books, some ingredients or a premade kit, cleaning or sanitising solutions like star San or pbw, extra fermentation buckets, a 20L plastic Jerry can for no chill brewing

do you have any recommendations for a company that sell the Jerry cans ?

I don't really recognise Father's Day tbh, Mother's Day is a proper thing, but father's day is a load of made up rubbish*

However, apparently the kids like celebrating it so I just told the Mrs to buy anything and I'd feign interest (whilst subtly pointing to a sports smart watch I am after)

* I refuse to recognise any made up day that wasn't invented by the Victorians, or perhaps the Edwardians. Baaa humbug.
Mother's Day is also made up it is really Mothering Sunday, with mothering meaning mother church.

Mother's Day is also made up it is really Mothering Sunday, with mothering meaning mother church.
Pfffft. Gutted. I thought it was a proper thing made up by the Victorians, not something with deep meaning stretching back centuries. I shall now ignore it* along with Father's Day.

* If I want to spend the rest of my life in the dog house.

Latest posts

Back