Favourite ‘convenient’ Meal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We quite like the different tortellini packs they make in supermarkets.

Some of that with a bit of olive oil and cheese (and seasoning obviously) and some veg on the side, lovely.

And ridiculously easy and quick

Fire up the gas bbq, and put on bratwurst, it's a german sausage, great in a french stick with mild mustard as a souped up hotdog, so tasty it puts our British bangers to shame

A roast with all the trimmings! :cool:
Not really what you might think of convenient, but since I almost always do a roast of one kind or another on a Sunday, I can get this on the table without having to think too much about it.

For ready in a few minutes kind of meal - scampi with veg and chips - from start to on the plate in under 15 min which is a win on a Friday night.

Cheese on toast, can of tomato soup

Pasta is really easy too with marginally more effort . Lots of easy ones. Sage and butter, oil and garlic, carbonara etc

Cornish pasty, Steak pie, Steak and onion pie or Steak and kidney pie just unwrap and eat with HP sauce.

Spaghetti with a basic tomato sauce (tinned tomato, red onion, a little garlic, a finely chopped salted chilli) little bit of feta cheese on top, ready in 15 minutes.

Or a toasted cheese and red onion sandwich (bread is first toasted while the red onion is fried in a little butter) grated cheese, and red onion in the sandwich then into the frying pan with some more butter, I tend to place a weight on top of the toasted sandwich in the pan and cook for a minute each side, just enough time to start to melt the cheese. Served with a pint of whatever I have in a keg.

Back