Favourite ‘convenient’ Meal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second the cheese on toast, add a bit of Henderson get it bubbling under the grill.

Or a "whats in the fridge" fried egg/omelette, fry any vegetables you have left over, from spring onions to mushrooms, to sweetcorn. Cook in oil on high, throw in 2 eggs and quickly stir. Grate cheese to top! 5minutes done.

Another one for me is opening a can of refried beans, sliding the can-shaped mass into a bowl and eating it cold. You can't eat it quickly but there are worse meals.
I've seen "beans on toast" plenty of times but is there a specific kind of bean? Is the toast buttered? Any specific bread or just any bread?

I second the cheese on toast, add a bit of Henderson get it bubbling under the grill.

Or a "whats in the fridge" fried egg/omelette, fry any vegetables you have left over, from spring onions to mushrooms, to sweetcorn. Cook in oil on high, throw in 2 eggs and quickly stir. Grate cheese to top! 5minutes done.
I’ll third cheese on toast a couple of slices of toast bit of butter and some good cheddar though I use Lea and Perrin rather than Henderson.

As for the left over veg in the fridge I tend to go for soap rather than putting it in an omelette even better if I had roast chicken earlier in the week as then can use fresh chicken stock rather than a stock cube.

Latest posts

Back