Favourite album covers.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truckload_Of_Trouble_cover.jpeg

First album I ever bought, not necessarily my favourite album cover. Saw them on OGWT and instantly hooked
220px-Rush_A_Farewell_to_Kings.jpg

But this from a a year or so later always made me smile as a young lad, teenage lad humour I suppose - still makes me grin 40+ years later
gruppo.jpg

I also love these indecipherable black metal logos. Points for anyone who can work out this band's name (no Google allowed).
YhyC3PW.jpg

Never heard a Budgie Album? Shame on you ;) One of the most underrated and yet influential heavy rock bands that started the genre.
I suggest you start with Never Turn Your Back on a Friend. Tony Bourge is one of my favourite ever guitarists and the and were so tight.
By coincidence I think it's his birthday today.

<iframe width="961" height="721" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THE best Budgie album by far. Closely followed by Bandolier.

John Thomas (yes, that really was his name!!) Was a superb guitarist and the first couple of albums with him are pretty good!!
Agreed, not quite the got the feel or tone of TB but nevertheless a very good guitarist that fit in well with Budgie, unlike some of the others sadly.
Simon Lees I didn't know much about but he seemed to keep it true to Tony Bourge, Craig Goldy though was just not a good fit and really slaughtered some of the original material. A shame what happened to Burke Shelley, I do wish him well but I doubt Budgie will ever play again.

First album I ever bought, not necessarily my favourite album cover. Saw them on OGWT and instantly hooked
View attachment 36253

But this from a a year or so later always made me smile as a young lad, teenage lad humour I suppose - still makes me grin 40+ years later
View attachment 36254
I love Rush! I was thinking of posting the Farewell Kings LP. Whilst not my favourite Rush album (but still enjoy it) it's really good artwork.

10.jpg

I like this, the Arctic Monkeys album 'AM'. Nice play on Arctic Monkeys / Amplitude Modulation.

Back