Favourite album covers.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmsog.jpg

My first album.

R-5705016-1455200501-1736.jpeg.jpg

🤣 A gift when i was 4.

First album i bought.

The_Jam_-_Setting_Sons.jpg

From a local record shop, owner turned out to be a raving Nazi and was locked up 😮😁

Bought this by mistake way back then.

R-2000347-1258164983.jpeg.jpg

A great mistake 👍

Outside of rock and HM bands who mostly seemed to have great covers in the 70's & 80's this is one thats stands out for it's time

View attachment 36236
Twas the one I was going to load but thought I would check to see if someone had got there first. As an aside, not just his best album cover but one of his best albums, from back in the day when an album was a listen to from start to finish affair....
Also from the inside of the gatefold cover:-
WIN_20201125_10_11_22_Pro.jpg

Agreed, not quite the got the feel or tone of TB but nevertheless a very good guitarist that fit in well with Budgie, unlike some of the others sadly.
Simon Lees I didn't know much about but he seemed to keep it true to Tony Bourge, Craig Goldy though was just not a good fit and really slaughtered some of the original material. A shame what happened to Burke Shelley, I do wish him well but I doubt Budgie will ever play again.
Managed to see the band with both Thomas (83 supporting Gillan) and Lee's (2006). Sadly, I wasn't really old enough to see them with Mr Bourge. Craig Goldy's a different sort of guitarist with different influences and was a strange choice. It would appear BS is unwell again sadly.

Managed to see the band with both Thomas (83 supporting Gillan) and Lee's (2006). Sadly, I wasn't really old enough to see them with Mr Bourge. Craig Goldy's a different sort of guitarist with different influences and was a strange choice. It would appear BS is unwell again sadly.
Yes a second aneurysm I believe and an operation may leave him disabled so he has refused one.
I only saw them once, in Derby 1974 that was with Tony Bourge and I was instantly a fan.

When I was a wee lad in the 70s these albums of my big brothers stood out to me. They still do to this day. Nowt wrong with a bit of early Quo.

Attachments

• sq1.jpg
    sq1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 53
  • sq2.jpg
    sq2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 55
  • sq3.jpg
    sq3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Back