Favourite Beer Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornish Knocker

Shandy Pants
Reaction score
There is a genuine reason for this question, so would be interested in your comments:

If you could brew only 1 beer kit for the foreseeable future, what would it be and briefly, why? Cost doesn't matter :drink:

I'm afraid I couldn't choose an absolute single best one.

But the rules aren't well defined...

If I'm allowed extra ingredients (i.e. hops!) then either of:

Better Brew IPA (and a pack of Chinook)
Muntons Gold Midas Touch (and a pack of East Kent Golding)

And if I'm not

Ritchies Festival London Porter

:thumb:

Woodfords wherry...because of the great reviews on here about it and they say its the nearest thing to the old speckled un :cheers:
Trouble is I've got 120 pints of other brews to get through before I get one as SWMBO keeps reminding me :(

Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it.

Reason for asking is that I live abroad and for various reasons can only have two beer kits shipped over at a time and usually only twice a year, so it is essential I get a kit that will be good. I have read a lot of the reviews, but wanted to know what the general favourites are.

Thanks again.

Having only just started to home brew out of the two that I have done being St Peters Ruby ale and Milestone Black gallion I'd have to say Black Gallion for flavor and the wonderful dark colour and rich smell. It was also the ease of the brewing process.
I hope that helps but you never know I might change my mine when I try something else :D

Thanks guys. I've got a list on the go and will give them a try at some point in the future and hopefully not too far into the future. :D

Back