Favourite Bottled Beer - Non UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Inspired by the welcome thread for ccsueIPA I thought i'd find out what your favourite bottled beer is (non-UK) - V1 got me into SNPA and i'd have to say that still sits as my favourite, however I do enjoy an Erdinger Dunkel :hmm:

Whats yours?

I don't tend to drink commercial beer any more so I'm not really up on bottled beers, wherever they come from. However, a year ago I bought some English and American IPA's and drank them side by side with a mate of mine.

Much as it pains me to say it, I thought the SNPA and the Goose Island were very good. Better, in fact than most of the UK so called IPA's :cry: Although, still not as good as a homebrewed traditional one :D

/Phil.

If I am buying beer, and it is very rare that I do, then I like Shnieder Weisse (sp?). I also like snpa. :cheers:

Orval for me, by far the most unusual of the Trappist Belgian beers. You couldn't fit this one into a beer style. Dry as a bone, intensely aromatic and very drinkable. Closely followed by Weihenstephan Hefeweiss.

I like the others mentioned here. SNPA is great but i've had a few bottles recently that weren't up to scratch for whatever reasons. I really like the two Goose Island beers i've had too, the IPA and the Honker's Ale.

From the colonies:
SNPA- good flavour and very quaffable, and one is never enough
Anchor Steam beer
Boston Lager

From elsewhere:
Rochefort 10
HB Muincher Weiss

I'm sure theres more but these are the ones that jump into my mind now

I have to say that i rarely buy anything other than an English beer (and a local one often), but when on holiday in france i often go for pelforth brun, draft or bottle.

Thunderhop IPA: Church Brew Works – Pittsburgh PA

"High-On-Hops" :drink:

Coopers Pale Ale, Speights old dark. Both **** but i don't buy beer now i brew my own. If i have to i'd buy either of these.

Latest posts

Back