Favourite Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Forgive me if this question has been asked before (if so could admin direct me to it please) but what is the most favourite kit to brew overall. It probably requires some kind of a scoring chart maybe.

Forgive me if this question has been asked before (if so could admin direct me to it please) but what is the most favourite kit to brew overall. It probably requires some kind of a scoring chart maybe.
It probably has been asked before but as new kits come out and tastes change a new thread is more than welcome.

This has always been a popular kit with members here -

1658673717307.png

I have tried over 20 kits so far. My favourite so far is Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA. I’ve made it 3 times. Other kits which have been great are Festival Razorback IPA, Homebrew Company Full Extract Citra IPA, Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA and surprisingly Coopers Canadian Blonde made with light DME and a Hop Tea of Mosaic and Citra Hops.

I guess it's going to depend on what you like to drink. Of the kits I've done in the last couple of years, I'd recommend ...
St Peter's Cream Stout
Woodfordes Nog
Festival Belgian Pale

I have tried over 20 kits so far. My favourite so far is Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA. I’ve made it 3 times. Other kits which have been great are Festival Razorback IPA, Homebrew Company Full Extract Citra IPA, Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA and surprisingly Coopers Canadian Blonde made with light DME and a Hop Tea of Mosaic and Citra Hops.
I've done the Mangrove Jack pink grapefruit it was one of the first I tried when I got back in to homebrew and I was surprised how much the extracts had improved from when I last tried, that's what inspired me to have another go and of course the access to online help and advice.

1. Muntons Hazy IPA
2. Mangrove Jacks Citra IPA
3. Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA
4. Beerworks President’s Sierra American Pale Ale

EDIT: How on earth did I forget Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA? Would probably go in at number 4.

Last edited:
My favourites tend to vary with the seasons a bit but from what I've brewed so far of the new Munton's Flagship range they've all been really good and especially the Hazy. Got another one of these waiting to brew when I get back from my hols.

Tiny Rebel Cwtch is also really good.

If you like German Weiss beer then the Festival German Weiss is about the closest thing to a commercial beer I've ever made.

Forgive me if this question has been asked before (if so could admin direct me to it please) but what is the most favourite kit to brew overall. It probably requires some kind of a scoring chart

For me either Coopers Dark Ale, Coopers English Bitter or Coopers Original Series Stout. I brew them with some combination of malt extract (dry or liquid) maybe some hop tea, but not always and I sometimes use an English ale yeast and sometimes the yeast that comes with the kit. I don't use brewing sugar but sometimes add a couple of hundred grams of soft dark brown sugar to the Dark Ale and Stout. I prime the bottles with a demerara sugar lump. Always turns out very good.

I feel you can't go wrong with the Mangrove Jacks craft pouches and I think my favourite there is the Pink Grapefruit ... made of course with their 1.2kg LME pouch.

There's a good number of the Beerworks kits that I also like, and some of the Festival kits, and then there's Youngs American IPA ... oh dear I could go on and on!!

Latest posts

Back