February 2021 comp - Dark beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking forwards to this one as I love dark beers, especially at this time of year! Im looking forwards to hopefully trying a good variety of beers for this one.

This will be my first time judging so hopefully I can give some quality feedback and judge fairly. Im shielding so will be just me doing the judging, if there are a lot of entries I will do it over a few days otherwise it could get messy!

PM me for address and try to get the entries to me by the end of the month. Ill do the judging first weekend of March (5,6,7th ).

Any dark beer welcome.

Anyone not sure the rules see the "new competition rules" thread.

There will be a prize for the winner......

Ill update here as bottles arrive

Very well, is actually a sister brew to what I sent you for secret santa. Hey, gotta have a few big brews for christmas

Think there's going to be some strong beers in this one... Good luck👍😂

It is looking like this is going to be a fun one.... good number of people interested and a good few strong beers!

Just to clarify a few things:
- Any "Dark" beer can be entered, doesnt need to be a porter, stout etc, dark in colour is fine
- Obviously the decision is down to personal taste but there really isnt a style of beer I dislike, feel free to enter whatever dark beer you have. Ill try to be fair with the feedback.
- As much as I would love to be able to judge to style (Im actually considering doing a BJCP course at some point) I couldnt do this fairly so it will be judged as a dark beer!

Latest posts

Back