February Competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajhutch

Landlord.
Reaction score
Happy Fe-brew-ary folks.

It’s my pleasure to judge the February competition for which the category is dark beers. If you’ve got one you would like to enter, please send me a PM for my address. Judging will be in early March so plenty of time to get an entry in.

I’ve got my beer that was meant to be a Dubbel but is more of a strong dark ale with Belgian yeast which I’ll enter. You get the bonus of a 330ml Flensburger swingtop thrown in too!

I have a coffee infused American porter that's due for kegging in a little over a week. I'm not sure if it will be drinkable by the deadline, but if it is I'll give you a shout! May be a better entry for the next round of dark beers.

I forgot to add that there will be a prize for this competition, a bottle of Samichlaus doppel(and a bit)bock from the Eggenberg monastery brewery in Austria.

At the moment Leon is leading a one horse race! I am planning to judge next Friday so it will be a tight deadline.

Leon, PM me your address and I’ll send you a bottle back in your tube.

I agree, cmon guys.
Lots of great brewers here old and new.
Lets get Aj wasted, he's taking the time to judge and its just for fun.

Thats all Ive got
Last bottle. Said I was entering it before it won.
You're 1st on the list next batch buddy.

Bad times actually
Nothing on tap and 1 330ml bottle left.
Im beerless

Sent it 1st class recorded so should be with you tomorrow.
But knowing us guys at Royal Mail maybe next week

So that’s beers received from Leon, Udicko and Beercat with Braindead’s on the way. Has anyone else sent one or planning to do so?

Back