February competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without giving too much away, deceptive.

I'm genuinely impressed with how it turned out. Last night was the first one I had since I bottled up last year, I'll update the thread once this comp is over.

I only have a couple bottles left. After curious mates and substantial process loss I was left with 5 bottles... Which makes it a decking expensive experiment. That annoyingly I'm already planning a revisit to 😤

Without giving too much away, deceptive.

I'm genuinely impressed with how it turned out. Last night was the first one I had since I bottled up last year, I'll update the thread once this comp is over.

I only have a couple bottles left. After curious mates and substantial process loss I was left with 5 bottles... Which makes it a decking expensive experiment. That annoyingly I'm already planning a revisit to 😤
I look forward to seeing how it scores. The only other person I seen make one was strange Steve. 👍

Oh bo***cks! I’ve literally just mummified it and wrapped it ready for posting tomorrow morning and then read this!
I’ve put a note on the box it is in with the style ABV and my name also email address in case.
Sorry about that. Do I need to break into it and amend it or will I get away with it this time for being a rookie?
Also, does it need to be sent by the end of February or January?
No worries! A note on the outside is fine, I'll tape it to the bottles when they arrive athumb.. I'm judging first weekend of march so as long as they arrive by then then it's all good.
What I think is an imp stout, (I put it down to age and didn't take a full record of the annotation on the cap, I'm about 95% sure it's right. I just opened another with the same code and it was as expected) and an eisbock with an abv below 16%, but above 12% will be on its way shortly
I've had an eisbock once and enjoyed it. Also iirc it's a dark beer, so should be good. I'm looking forward either way!

If anyone has asked for my address and I've missed it, do send a reminder as I've had a lot of requests so apologies if I have missed any!

So far I've had 3 entries from 2 people arrive but still relatively early days/

I'll be judging on the weekend of the 12th March, so as long as the beers arrive by then they'll be entered into the competition. I think I originally said the weekend of the 5th but I'll be judging Lager than Life, and probably best to stick to judging one beer competition per weekend!

A reminder of the rules which includes how to label the bottle: New Competition rules.

Good luck!

@jceg316 I've got a Stout I'd like to enter.

I'm also just about to tap a new keg of Porter that's been conditioning for a few weeks so assuming all is good with that then I may as well bottle one of them and stick it in the box too.

Will PM you for your details 👍

Just dropped a Russian Imperial Stout in the post.
Should be with you beginning of next week.

Although not sure if is the best time for a "russian imperial" :rolleyes:...

Latest posts

Back