February competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, we're almost a month complete into 2022 which means February's dark beer competition is upon us. It's looking like I'll be judging the weekend of 12/13th March, so plenty of time to submit your beers.

I do really like all dark styles and am looking forward to tasting them! I'll see if I can get some help from a couple of friends.

PM me for a postal address. Good luck!

I'll be up for this; I have an oatmeal stout and an Irish stout recently bottled.

My porter has been on the keg for a few months now and developed well. If I have some left I will get some to you.

Edit - ping me your address and I will get a bottle filled before I drink it all.

So far it's all sounding great. I've sent out a few PMs for addresses already, but let me know if you want my address to send the beers to.

I’m in if there’s still room? Could you also just let me know any info I need to include about the beer or omit. Thanks.

Oh bo***cks! I’ve literally just mummified it and wrapped it ready for posting tomorrow morning and then read this!
I’ve put a note on the box it is in with the style ABV and my name also email address in case.
Sorry about that. Do I need to break into it and amend it or will I get away with it this time for being a rookie?
Also, does it need to be sent by the end of February or January?
Here are the competition guidelines New Competition rules. in there will have labelling info as well acheers..

There's always room for more beer!

What I think is an imp stout, (I put it down to age and didn't take a full record of the annotation on the cap, I'm about 95% sure it's right. I just opened another with the same code and it was as expected) and an eisbock with an abv below 16%, but above 12% will be on its way shortly

Latest posts

Back