February Forum Competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tasting my BIPA now and it's definitely not quite there so I'm out.

The aroma is fantastic and fruity, it's dark as hell with a lovely long lasting creamy head, but then the taste isn't there. It's too astringent and a bit muddled, definitely overcarbed, and a bit boozy tasting even though it's only 5.7%.

I think I'll lay this down for a bit and see how it ages, shame really as the hop aroma is incredible.

Just tasting my BIPA now and it's definitely not quite there so I'm out.

The aroma is fantastic and fruity, it's dark as hell with a lovely long lasting creamy head, but then the taste isn't there. It's too astringent and a bit muddled, definitely overcarbed, and a bit boozy tasting even though it's only 5.7%.

I think I'll lay this down for a bit and see how it ages, shame really as the hop aroma is incredible.
No worries. Thanks for letting me know.

Because this sucks so much, I'll make you an offer.

If you're willing to send another, I will post you one of my beers to level the postage costs. Offer is there :)

ah, that’s kind but don’t worry man. It’s my bad. I got it sent through my GF’s work anyway, so didn’t cost me anything. I’ll get another one sent out this week :)

Bit late in the day but I'll pop one of my concoctions in the post tomorrow if you can pm me your address. I don't think I am going to worry any of you guy's but it will be good to start getting a few pointers as to how to improve my brew's.

Gulp! What have I done....

Bit late in the day but I'll pop one of my concoctions in the post tomorrow if you can pm me your address. I don't think I am going to worry any of you guy's but it will be good to start getting a few pointers as to how to improve my brew's.

Gulp! What have I done....
I'll DM you now! Glad to see another join in!

That's some turn out.
I'm just popular wink....

But seriously, it's been a fantastic turn out so far and I've really enjoyed chatting with people over DM about their beers etc.

Looking forward to drinking them and giving feedback.

Latest posts

Back