Ferment & Rise YouTube channel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fermentandrise

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I kicked off a YouTube channel about a month ago as I'm about to invest a bit more into my 75ltr garage based HERMS brewery and thought this is worth documenting for others who wish to do to something similar. The ambition is to create simple, short videos that have really clear messages in each so focusing on educational and informative rather than entertainment, though hopefully my editing style makes them very engaging to watch!

Having only been brewing for 4 years I also have an awful lot to learn so welcome feedback and advice from others especially if i'm seen to be overcomplicating processes in my videos. Cheers everyone!🍻

Link to Ferment & Rise YouTube channel

This is my NEIPA brewday which i'm very pleased with. Will start building tasting videos into the end instead of making seperate videos.

Nice. Just let you know you will be expected to pay sponsorship on here to post about your channel
I would have thought that would only apply if the channel was monetized, which seems unlikely - you need something like a thousand subscribers to even get started down that road.

Isn't that just if he's making money off it? Sharing content is a positive move, I'd think.
I was a little confused about this aswell and not sure how to respond as I don't make a penny from these videos and especially as this is posted in the appropriate section of the forum. 🤷‍♂️ I won't post any more on this but only want to share videos that are genuinly informative and helpful for others as user genrated content has also helped me on my journey so far. I just want to give back and share what i'm up to but totally respect users not wanting to be spammed with everyones channel updates aswell

Nice. Just let you know you will be expected to pay sponsorship on here to post about your channel

No he wont, our rule on sponsorship is below if members are not selling on their sites/blogs etc they do not need to become an advertisings sponsor.

If you are a Vendor/Retailer/Service Provider or want to use The Homebrew Forum for ANY type of commercial presence including signatures, avatar, private message, responding to threads about your product/services, no matter how big or small, you must become an advertising Sponsor. (25 GBP per month)

Last edited:
I won't post any more on this but only want to share videos that are genuinly informative and helpful for others as user genrated content has also helped me on my journey so far. I just want to give back and share what i'm up to but totally respect users not wanting to be spammed with everyones channel updates aswell

Keep posting links to your videos, just watched one and it was great, subscribed as well so looking forward to watching many more............

I was a little confused about this aswell and not sure how to respond as I don't make a penny from these videos and especially as this is posted in the appropriate section of the forum. 🤷‍♂️ I won't post any more on this but only want to share videos that are genuinly informative and helpful for others as user genrated content has also helped me on my journey so far. I just want to give back and share what i'm up to but totally respect users not wanting to be spammed with everyones channel updates aswell

Check your private messages thumb.

Subscribed and enjoyed watched your vids yesterday evening (it was my comment about Rocky)
Couple of questions;
  1. What make is your bucket fermenter as it seemed to get a seal as you could see activity through the bubbler - NONE of my buckets do this as i've never found one that seals properly!
  2. If you don't mind my asking, what ballpark figure have you spent on your setup to get it to where it is today? (If you include this emoji beside the cost figure "🧐", we'll know to double it as your other half reads the forum too 😁)
Making youtube videos will now allow you to bleed cash on AV equipment now too!

What make is your bucket fermenter as it seemed to get a seal as you could see activity through the bubbler - NONE of my buckets do this as i've never found one that seals properly!
I have the same one, it was from Malt Miller.

Subscribed and enjoyed watched your vids yesterday evening (it was my comment about Rocky)
Couple of questions;
  1. What make is your bucket fermenter as it seemed to get a seal as you could see activity through the bubbler - NONE of my buckets do this as i've never found one that seals properly!
  2. If you don't mind my asking, what ballpark figure have you spent on your setup to get it to where it is today? (If you include this emoji beside the cost figure "🧐", we'll know to double it as your other half reads the forum too 😁)
Making youtube videos will now allow you to bleed cash on AV equipment now too!
Hi! As Banbeer has correctly noticed the plastic fermenter is one from The Malt Miller, it's now 4 years old and still going strong despite the kinked lid from the video!

I have not really thought much about the cost until you have asked this and doing some rough calculations I think the HERMS system including table, pumps, chiller, recirculation manifold and fixtures comes to around £1200 (not including the control panel/fridge/malt mill). I was fortunate to find the 3 75ltr pots on Ebay a few years back for £350 and started work on them a few years after.

The control panel alone i think cost me about £300 to build, that definatly turned into an unexpected money pit. I reckon I have put about 2K into everything if you count all the silly purchases that you never use or when you order parts that are the wrong size and not worth sending back.

In terms of video making equipment i promised myself not to blow cash on this. I spent a total of £120 on equipment and I film completely from my Samsung S10 phone on a tripod with an external light and microphone. Though saying that I have to pay a video editing subscription and licensing to use the music which comes to an eye watering £40 per month just to produce these videos! But it lets me produce to the high quality i'm after.

I hope that helps!

Though saying that I have to pay a video editing subscription and licensing to use the music which comes to an eye watering £40 per month just to produce these videos! But it lets me produce to the high quality i'm after.
Just watched your first (coconut stout tasting) video and thought you could save your £40 a month by dumping the sh*t youtube video music. Either no music or use stuff that is either free or allowed to you free.

I hope that helps!
It does, just interested to know whether to just blow the cash on the outright purchase or slowly spend and upgrade over time.

As far as the video stuff is concerned, I use Filmora (pretty cheap and lots of addon options if you need them) and for the soundtracks, I use Royalty Free Music by Bensound | Stock Music , lots of royalty free tracks that you just need to reference them in the credits.

It does, just interested to know whether to just blow the cash on the outright purchase or slowly spend and upgrade over time.

As far as the video stuff is concerned, I use Filmora (pretty cheap and lots of addon options if you need them) and for the soundtracks, I use Royalty Free Music by Bensound | Stock Music , lots of royalty free tracks that you just need to reference them in the credits.
Thanks BenSound looks good, i'll give it a go

Back