fermentasaurus and bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am about to pull the trigger and buy the FS2. I will be getting the pressure kit to fill my cornie but wondering how people go about bottling the rest.

You could get something like the Blichmann Beer Gun, but if you wanted something a bit more economical, you can jerry rig a counter pressure filler using a carbonation cap (although note this doesn't work on glass bottles that don't have a screw thread)

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

You could get something like the Blichmann Beer Gun, but if you wanted something a bit more economical, you can jerry rig a counter pressure filler using a carbonation cap (although note this doesn't work on glass bottles that don't have a screw thread)

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

I will be filling glass unfortunately.

Could I connect a standard bottle filler?

Not done it myself, but if you take a standard 1/4 inch ID hose from the liquid post of the fermentasuarus, I'm sure you could fit a bottle wand in the other end. Although I would keep it at low pressure else you'll get a bottle of foam.

@Leon103 do you have a bottle gun or any equipment for bottling other than a wand today? Will you be wanting to bottle carbonated beer?

My opinion.

Counter pressure bottle filler would probably suit. Never had much fun with beer guns, too foamy and not confident in the removal of o2.

https://www.geterbrewed.com/manual-stainless-steel-counter-pressure-filler/
Hook up to the posts of the FS2 and transfer. Bonus being you could spund and transfer carbonated beer from FS2 to glass bottles should you want to upgrade in the future.

My first brew under pressure I hooked up a “keg mounted” tap with growler spout and attached my bottling wand to the end of the tubing. I then added a little bit of sugar to finish off the carbonation and kept warm for 2 weeks. It was trial and error and some of my bottles are fuller than others.

I have no idea how well it’s worked in terms of the actual finished beer as the bottles are still conditioning.

@Leon103
Here's another video with a more straightforward method that works with glass bottles and with minimal equipment costs (you might have everything already). It will work with the FS if you substitute it for the keg in the video.

I called this my ghetto bottle filler. The wine stopper was pretty good at keeping the pressure. You release the pressure by squeezing the wine stopper.
PXL_20201022_152731748.jpg

Back