Fermentasaurus, Fermzilla or Fast Ferment. Which to buy?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one New Zealand this time.
1593553712926.png

I've been hanging fire on picking up another fermenter to go with my Fermzilla but the Snub Nose and Fermenter King Jnr still don't appear to readily available in the UK market. Shame. Think I'll pull the trigger on the Fermzilla all-rounder.
I’m just finishing my first brew in a Fermzilla All Rounder from Brewkeg Tap and so far it’s been excellent. No leaks from any where straight out of the box. Very easy to put together and start the fermentation.
My first brew was a larger kit to test and it fermented out to the expected FG in 6 days. It’s currently cold crashing/carbonating and the way things are going it looks like this is going to be drinkable in 10-11 days total.
Don’t collect yeast so didn’t need the ones that have a collection jar and all the fuss that appears to go with them.
Time and taste will tell.

Last edited:
Hi guys

I believe they are approx 5 weeks away still. The container should set sail from Australia next week all being well.

In the meantime we do have a small quantity of the G2 Fermentasaurus and Snub Noses coming in on a shorter lead time, I'd hope to have those here by the end of next week.

Thanks

Hi I use Fastferment for wine kits and I have been mostly disappointed with it , from the top of device lid fits very well good seal, screw-in thermowell seals seeps on most use , v shape bottom doesn’t allow sediment to travel down well or collection ball is inadequate, so overall quite disappointed and am planning using fermenter bucket next time

I'm putting aside the £ out of my pay each month that I get for donating several vials of blood from my fingers and arms (long story, usually get between £20-£40/month extra) so hopefully in a few months I will have enough saved to buy something for fermenting under pressure. I figure since it's my blood money!!, hubby won't have an objection to me spending £XXX.XX on a pressure fermenter when I have 6 plastic buckets, no pressure of course, already here that I can ferment in. Well. We'll see. :laugh8: If I can do oxygen free transfers and keep that gorgeous hop aroma, he'll probably be happy anyways. But usually takes some convincing first! Will watch this thread with interest.

Boom! Did just that. Bought the snubnose. Bought the spunding valve. Bought the CaskWidge float. Bought extra gas dip tubes. Cannot wait to get my first brew on with my new kit.

I'm putting aside the £ out of my pay each month that I get for donating several vials of blood from my fingers and arms (long story, usually get between £20-£40/month extra) so hopefully in a few months I will have enough saved to buy something for fermenting under pressure. I figure since it's my blood money!!, hubby won't have an objection to me spending £XXX.XX on a pressure fermenter when I have 6 plastic buckets, no pressure of course, already here that I can ferment in. Well. We'll see. :laugh8: If I can do oxygen free transfers and keep that gorgeous hop aroma, he'll probably be happy anyways. But usually takes some convincing first! Will watch this thread with interest.
In fairness I think you are lost on your husband 😉
If you ever want to live and brew in Ireland swipe right on my profile 😁😁

It's arrived. A hoppy pale ale will be going into it tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing how this goes!
IMG_20200708_234100.jpg

I have put taps on mine for taking samples, I also transfer tap to tap into secondary for dry hopping after purging the secondary fermenter. Makes the warranty null and void for a pressure vessel but I don't pressure ferment anymore.
001.JPG

You will get mesmerised watching how the yeast acts during fermentation. Sinks to the bottom when pitched then starts to climb the side of the fermenter. Once it starts to bubble then you will see the currents caused by the exothermic reaction. Better than the telly.

Reet, I think I have got a dud spunding valve. The pressure keeps dropping. The lid is on tight, the posts are tight and yet it still drops psi. I have basically just tightened it as much as I can (the spunding) and checked it again after about 15 mins and can see that the psi has dropped.

I am leaving early tomorrow morning and won't be back until Monday. What should I do?

I'm thinking I should remove the valve and then reattach in the morning. If the psi has dropped, then maybe it's the lid or posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back