Fermentasaurus, Fermzilla or Fast Ferment. Which to buy?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, going to dip back in quickly to say a couple of things.

First up, I bought my saurus April 2019, and they had been around for a while the UK at that point, do a search on here alone and you will find posts from owners of them quite early on, but my understanding is that somebody else was making them originally, then there was a dispute, blah blah blah.

Next, and final point. If anybody really wants to build an informed opinion on these products, I would suggest doing your own research, use Google and search. Don't rely on statements and posts made here. I did so, and I can tell you that you will find positive and negative posts and reviews for BOTH products. Oh and yes, people have had buckets explode before now, usually when they used a diddy airlock and it got blocked with trub from an active fermentation, then BOOM! Krausen on the ceiling. Use any product badly, or just get unlucky, and things can and will go wrong. Heck, misuse an iron bar and it can go wrong on you.... There's no such thing as fool proof, there is always a bigger fool out there waiting to prove the claim wrong. The biggest fool is the one who doesn't do their own product research before purchasing.

Well said. Great advice

thanks foxy, think that provides useful insight where your coming from

Dont want to get into the KegLand/Keg King debate, and all the bad naming product stuff, seen it before elsewhere ending up in pages of bulls@t most not interested in and nothing really useful

Wonder if worth creating a separate post and those who are interested in reading about that stuff and commenting can talk about it... till they have lost the will to live

Foxy AKA Wide Eyed and Legless on the Aussie brewing forums 💡

I’m just waiting on my free voucher for the G3 upgrade to get rid of the design flaw in the G1/G2 in case I close the butterfly valve whilst fermenting. 😗

The point was making is that the number of Fermzilla sold is a lot more than the number of Fermentasaurus. They have not been here for some time, some early ones yes but the numbers are nothing compared to Fermzilla

You are only just starting selling into Europe now. It’s avalaible for everyone to see, there posts about them being on boats for the first time heading to European outlets now

The big equipment suppliers in America are selling Fermzilla. You have predominantly been selling in Australian market and the reason for there being lot more Fermzilla sold than Fermentasaurus is down to Fermzilla international disrubution

That was the only point was making but it’s now going to go downhill about the whole kegland/kegking BS and your own sales proganda as have seen happen before

Really think should make another post as suggested before so people can just totally ignore it, including myself :)
[/QUOTE

Our equipment is a bit more carefully made and each one is pressure tested so I think you will find it will establish itself quite quickly in the UK market. I am not too worried about competing as I know our kit is good. What does worry me is the confusion in people’s minds and all the explosions of the Fermzilla products giving PET fermenters a bad reputation. Of course this confusion works in your and Kegland’s favour for the moment but eventually people will realise that they have a choice between a cheap Chinese made Tank sold at a premium price which is not really suitable for pressure fermenting and a high quality tested Tank from Australia Specifically designed to be safe for pressure fermenting. Right now my interest in being here is to help sort out the confusion in the end user’s minds. We are here for the long term Paul as much as this will irritate you.

I’m just waiting on my free voucher for the G3 upgrade to get rid of the design flaw in the G1/G2 in case I close the butterfly valve whilst fermenting. 😗
Please get in touch with me if you want the upgrade. If you do close the butterfly valve whilst fermenting you will find there is enough give in the valve to let that pressure reduce and worst case if it does not then the PET bottle does not fracture like the Polycarbonate bottle which our competitor’s product utilises.

Attachments

• 3B5B0799-D935-4B29-A7CE-61C477828694.jpeg
    3B5B0799-D935-4B29-A7CE-61C477828694.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 80
Has that any relevance at all to what I was talking about the number of Fermzilla sold compared to the number of Fermentasaurus sold in relation to foxy's posts

No, but is exactly this ... 'it’s now going to go downhill about the whole kegland/kegking BS and your own sales proganda as have seen happen before'

I honestly don't think the trolling style market approach is doing you any favors, from you or from foxy

Its a bit sad that this forum is now going to polluted with this same kind of BS as the Aussie one has suffered

@ CEO Keg King - any more information on the 30l keg/fermenter coming out?
Well we have completed sample testing and expect to make a production run in under two weeks. We believe it will be very popular in that size and you can fit one of those into a kegerator like our Kegmaster Series 4 or the Mangrove Jack equivalent and still have room for a corny or one of our Fermenter King Juniors. Currently planning to just do them clear but if demand arises for coloured ones or fully opaque with metal style silver grey finish we can do those also.Price will be marginally above the 20 litre Junior at this point.

Has that any relevance at all to what I was talking about the number of Fermzilla sold compared to the number of Fermentasaurus sold in relation to foxy's posts

No, but is exactly this ... 'it’s now going to go downhill about the whole kegland/kegking BS and your own sales proganda as have seen happen before'

I honestly don't think the trolling style market approach is doing you any favors, from you or from foxy

Its a bit sad that this forum is now going to polluted with this same kind of BS as the Aussie one has suffered
At least the CEO dude from keg king has stepped up and defended his product. I hope nothing goes wrong with my snubnose but if it does, perhaps I now have a good outlet to voice my concerns.

The only thing taking it down hill is your posts, forget whoever has sold the most it isn't relevant, in this thread. What is relevant is answering the OP's question honestly.
Why is it trolling? The thread was started by someone asking a question. Yes the truth does hurt especially when you are trying to sell something which is lacking in design and quality.
Keg King is selling to the UK so this thread does involve him.

At least the CEO dude from keg king has stepped up and defended his product. I hope nothing goes wrong with my snubnose but if it does, perhaps I now have a good outlet to voice my concerns.
I have built mine to six units since they came out with no serious issues the only issue I have found is overtightening the lid. It eventually stretches the gasket. With the lube I am still able to use them but will have to replace them soon.

It is relevant, it is exactly the point I was making about number of units sold

The point was about the fault rates compared to number of products sold
But you have no idea how many units of each have been sold, as neither do I my only evidence is 3.5 years versus 1 year . You are trying to defend the undefendable.

Not really, your posts are not really so much all about product comparison, but just evidence of the KegKing/KegLand mud-slinging. Where to start !

...Just Chinese rubbish.

You realise most stuff including majority of Keg King products are made in China, I would guess probably including some parts of the Fermentasaurus. Are all those products 'Chinese rubbish'?

Great to see some manufacturing introduced in Australia so do congratulate that, but the point is you must know the 'Chinese rubbish' stuff, 'Don't buy Chinese, buy Australian', 'Buying Chinese get what you pay for' that you are saying in this context is just absolute trolling nonsense to fit your agenda. I would guess most would see that anyway now, by how you have gone on in your posts here

What your agenda is I do not know but its clear from your posts you are not just talking about product comparison here, as per topic title (hence suggest create new topic for the BS no one wants to hear so can ignore it). You are mud slinging, sounding like a Keg King advert and trying to discredit the integrity of the KegLand company posting about stuff which is totally irrelevant to the topic.

You bring up whatever you can find or think you know about to discredit KegLand. My best guess from the content of your posts, like the Keg king production lines detail stuff, you must at least talk to Keg King, possibly Will the CEO because I see the same coming from him too. In fact you sound like a mini Will

I did hear that you continuously do the same KegLand mud slinging playground stuff in the Australian Forums.

You know that the guy involved in Fermentasaurus design, innovation, production line and testing setup is the guy now in KegLand who also setup the Fermzilla production and testing line and they continue to innovate and improve the products consistently, which are sold internationally and very popular.

You've previously mentioned a 1000 Fermentasaurus sold. There are now over 115,000 Fermzillas sold internationally and the known reported tank failures is around 0.05%, how many are down to user problems is still unclear. I guess not all of these are on social media or you would have more pictures to post here. Note also every Fermzilla is also pressure tested to 5 bar

You mention, 'I know both parties involved with the running of both companies, one is honest and above board the other has no scruples'. Again its not really product comparison relevant and just mud-slinging stuff, but now dragged down to this level. Didnt want to get into this BS

Your talking about the CEO of KegKing who has been found out for making false profiles on the Australian Homebrew Forum so can post to make negative comments about competitors products and promote his own, it does not feel very honest and above board. He was found out by his IP address but also revealead himself by mistakenly signing a post as CEO under a comment on one of the false profiles

I have seen all the mud-slinging, playground like stuff from Will too the CEO. I dont think it does Keg King any good at all

What page are we on...maybe we can push it to 50 pages of BS no one is interested in now

Thanks for that and we will 100% stand behind our product and we appreciate learning from forum members here as we do elsewhere.

Not really, your posts are not really so much all about product comparison, but just evidence of the KegKing/KegLand mud-slinging. Where to start !

You realise most stuff including majority of Keg King products are made in China, I would guess probably including some parts of the Fermentasaurus. Are all those products 'Chinese rubbish'?

Great to see some manufacturing introduced in Australia so do congratulate that, but the point is you must know the 'Chinese rubbish' stuff, 'Don't buy Chinese, buy Australian', 'Buying Chinese get what you pay for' that you are saying in this context is just absolute trolling nonsense to fit your agenda. I would guess most would see that anyway now, by how you have gone on in your posts here

What your agenda is I do not know but its clear from your posts you are not just talking about product comparison here, as per topic title (hence suggest create new topic for the BS no one wants to hear so can ignore it). You are mud slinging, sounding like a Keg King advert and trying to discredit the integrity of the KegLand company posting about stuff which is totally irrelevant to the topic.

You bring up whatever you can find or think you know about to discredit KegLand. My best guess from the content of your posts, like the Keg king production lines detail stuff, you must at least talk to Keg King, possibly Will the CEO because I see the same coming from him too. In fact you sound like a mini Will

I did hear that you continuously do the same KegLand mud slinging playground stuff in the Australian Forums.

You know that the guy involved in Fermentasaurus design, innovation, production line and testing setup is the guy now in KegLand who also setup the Fermzilla production and testing line and they continue to innovate and improve the products consistently, which are sold internationally and very popular.

You've previously mentioned a 1000 Fermentasaurus sold. There are now over 115,000 Fermzillas sold internationally and the known reported tank failures is around 0.05%, how many are down to user problems is still unclear. I guess not all of these are on social media or you would have more pictures to post here. Note also every Fermzilla is also pressure tested to 5 bar

You mention, 'I know both parties involved with the running of both companies, one is honest and above board the other has no scruples'. Again its not really product comparison relevant and just mud-slinging stuff, but now dragged down to this level. Didnt want to get into this BS

Your talking about the CEO of KegKing who has been found out for making false profiles on the Australian Homebrew Forum so can post to make negative comments about competitors products and promote his own, it does not feel very honest and above board. He was found out by his IP address but also revealead himself by mistakenly signing a post as CEO under a comment on one of the false profiles

I have seen all the mud-slinging, playground like stuff from Will too the CEO. I dont think it does Keg King any good at all

What page are we on...maybe we can push it to 50 pages of BS no one is interested in now
Your the one who keeps bringing up mud slinging. I am just trying to show the difference in the quality. I won't be any way upset if you post up pictures of Fermentasaurus with exploding issues. Just try and keep this thread on track not making any supposition about the number sold because you don't know.
As for testing the FermZilla at 5 bar how come the ones that have exploded have done so at under 2 bar?
Seems like your the one doing all the mud slinging.

A good idea for which ever one is purchased be it FermZilla or Fermenter King is to do a simple pressure test. They need one every couple of years anyhow. As Kee explains here each and everyone of the Fermenter Kings/Fermentasaurus are pressure tested to 5 bar as they come off the blow moulder, even the collection bottle is tested also.

Last edited:
Foxy AKA Wide Eyed and Legless on the Aussie brewing forums 💡

Is this the same guy who was banned from posting relentlessly negative and unsubstantiated comments about Kegland products on the Aussie forum?

Wow. It's a real shame that the Aussie BS has ended up over here. Maybe best for Keg King employees/owners to keep it zipped and let their product do the talking of and when it gains some traction in the UK market.

Though I have a good idea, I don't really care what happened with the companies in the past. Kegland has well and truly filled a niche in the market with quite a few products now, and the sheer number of outlets that are happily selling their products tells me that.

I will be happy to try and buy Keg King products when the 30l fermenter arrives. It looks a good product and I don't **** myself into a stupor over corporate rivalries, but I have to say that I find the way they conduct PR and advertising hugely off-putting.

No didn't get banned, never put up any unsubstantiated comments either, just because thing are said on a forum doesn't prevent libel cases either no matter where from. Pays to keep thing honest.

No didn't get banned, never put up any unsubstantiated comments either, just because thing are said on a forum doesn't prevent libel cases either no matter where from. Pays to keep thing honest.

Perhaps it's wise to let the courts deal with cases of libel than festooning various forums with whatever particular axe you have to grind.

You seem to regularly advise people to do their own reading on brewing topics than rely upon what is posted on brewing forums. I would say that this is one thread where I would agree with you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back