Fermentasaurus snub nose

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson1984

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,

so I’ve ordered a fermentasaurus snub nose.

the fermzilla wouldn’t fit in my larder fridge so I’m starting with this. And maybe move up a size later down the line

now, my current brew fridge has the probe taped to the top of the fridge (inside) I’ve only done kits to date so whilst temp is important, I think I get a bit more room for error with them - I’m not expecting I will from all grain.

So, where do I put the probe in the new brew fridge?

ive seen people putting it in a bottle of water. Or taped to the side of the fermenter or in a thermowell in the fermenter - I like this option but can’t see that the lid will take it so I’m open to suggestions

Also, taking samples - I assume I need a party keg hose to just take samples from the the faucet as there are no sample valves on this

I have a piece of polystyrene with a cut out for the probe taped to the side of my snub nose, seems to give a fairly accurate reading.

If you have ordered the gen3 snub nose it will have a thermowell for the probe, also you can dry hop without taking the lid off on the gen 3.

changed my order to the gen 3.

has everything I was looking for so that's handy. Will put the probe in the well and jobs a good 'un

Ah, I was getting confused I thought you meant the new generation of the snub nose, think B2B are getting them over the water by Jan

My snub nose gas developed cracks on the inside near the bottom... Not sure about the quality

Latest posts

Back