Fermentation Fail

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M4man

Reaction score
Definite novice in my second brew. Did a full bodied red from concentrate - no problem, bottling tonight. Second kit is a cabernet Shiraz. Started off a week ago and still no action. Tried agitating but only goes for about an hour. All temperatures are between 20 and 22 with a heat pad when needed. Anyone got any ideas?

FV (I think!) With an airlock

I was hoping that was going to be the answer, most FV's are not airtight, if you have a decent one where you have to fight to get the lid off (i have a Richie's one like this) you may be lucky and can rely on airlock activity but as i said most are not airtight so airlock bubbles cannot be relied on and a hydrometer is then essential.

Looks like you're right. It's reading 990! But it's only been going a week! Kit states 15-20 days. Is it best to leave it a while?

Thanks for the advice all. I'll get the stabiliser in and let you know what the result is in a few days! Can't believe it finished in a week.

Latest posts

Back