Fermentation fridge mod

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombers hoppy ending

Reaction score
Been having a play with the fermentation fridge over the last few days prior getting the next beer on.
ive been using the top of the fridge to condition the previous batch once bottled, but it hasn’t been getting as warm as I would have liked.
so,
I purchased a second 40w tube heater and a 240v enclosure fan And wired them in. Placed the FV full of water in its position at the bottom of the fridge and the bottles on the top, as they were. Ran the system with the FV temp set at 19C and tested to see what the temp would get to at the top. 17C, still not what I was expecting.
Moved one of the heaters to a position in the middle of the fridge, under the bottles.
Ran another test, same set point. Top of the fridge still not as warm as I would have liked.
Next,
Moved the 40 bottles to the bottom of the fridge, doubled up on the shelves and moved the FV to the top of the fridge and ran another test.
Bingo, target achieved. With FV set to 18.5C the lower section of the fridge is at 22.5C. I can get the FV up to 22C and the lower bottle section is 25C.
Test complete and next brew started. Now have the Mangrove Jacks juicy IPA siting bin the top of the fridge at 18.5C and the Cwtch on its second week of conditioning in the lower half of the fridge at a nice 22.5C.
Happy days.

Back