Fermentation fridge testing.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andybiker

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been watching my new STC controlled fridge on an FV full of water for a few days now and it seems to be pretty good so far.

Only niggle is it seems to be holding around .5 to 1 degree c below the set temp.

I've set F1 to 20 degrees, F2 to .5, F3 to 10 mins and tried calibrating F4 by about .5 degree.

Just wondering if anyone knows why the difference.

I've been monitoring it from a Raspberry pi cam I set up with my Raspberry pi.

As below.:

20200606_204429.jpg

What you're experiencing is that when it cools down and hits the 20C and the heater comes on it takes a while for whatever heating unit you have to warm up and visa versa on the cooling side. I have all my FV's in the fridges with a thermowell and it's measuring the temp inside of the FV not ambient but it still fluctuates.

It never seems to get to 20 though. Its always below. The highest ive seen is about 19.7. I'm not too bothered about a degree TBH but just wondered why.

Also better a bit cooler than too hot.

Sorry for not getting back to you mate, heater looks spot on, have you drilled holes in the shelf that the FV sits on ?, are there any holes in the fridge? have you taped the temp probe to the FV or are you measuring the ambient temp of the fridge? does the fridge door shut properly?

Latest posts

Back