Fermentation keg or bucket?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Growler

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm just looking at a clone recipe for a hoppy IPA, reading the instructions it says transfer to a keg and add a spunding valve (new territory for me).
Could I not just put it in my Fermentation bucket with airlock?
Or is stating keg and valve because there's going to be a lot more pressure/co2 given off?

Hi Fuzzy, don't matter how much C02 is given off your FV and airlock will be able to cope IMO, what clone is it?

Hi Fuzzy, don't matter how much C02 is given off your FV and airlock will be able to cope IMO, what clone is it?
Cheers Ban, I probably should've called it "what is a spunding valve and do I need it" haha.... It's a Trillium sleeper street

15885315336307723808621599927235.jpg

Watch this mate, I can't be arsed, the guy sends me to sleep 😊 I'm pretty sure you can make this beer as you normally would but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.athumb.. Stay safe and wash your hands

Watch this mate, I can't be arsed, the guy sends me to sleep 😊 I'm pretty sure you can make this beer as you normally would but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.athumb.. Stay safe and wash your hands

I'll give that a watch tomorrow ban cheers.... Hopefully I don't need extra kit, I'll probably go for a different brew if that's the case.

From what I have seen today on various Youtube channels(yes I'm bored) spunding is for pressurised fermentation that will speed fermentation up and also carb your brew slightly during fermentation. So IMO I can't see any reason why you can't just brew in your FV, it will just take longer than it probably states in the recipe. Does the recipe state any fermentation times etc?

Latest posts

Back