Fermentation time for 900l

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

wizard95

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im planning on fermenting 900L batches of various low alcohol fruit wines in IBC's aiming for around 5-6% ABV. Once completed a bottling service is coming to bottle and label the product.

I am trying to estimate a fermentation time in order to book the bottling service to come at the right time. Smaller batches would normally take 10- 14days so i have been thinking 3 weeks would be a safe bet for this size batch ? If anyone has any experience with this ?

This is mainly directed towards some cidery folk and those who have mentioned femrneting in IBC tanks!

Thanks

Bando

Reaction score
If you are clever enough to up the amounts perfectly from a regular batch the timing shouldn't be different a day or two either way from a small one, but I hear anything over a few hundred liters can get way too hot fermenting and cause off flavours so may need to be done in a cold place and take longer, I have no confirmation of this but its what I hear.

Bando

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im planning on fermenting 900L batches of various low alcohol fruit wines in IBC's aiming for around 5-6% ABV. Once completed a bottling service is coming to bottle and label the product.

I am trying to estimate a fermentation time in order to book the bottling service to come at the right time. Smaller batches would normally take 10- 14days so i have been thinking 3 weeks would be a safe bet for this size batch ? If anyone has any experience with this ?

This is mainly directed towards some cidery folk and those who have mentioned femrneting in IBC tanks!

Thanks
May I ask what bottling service and how much they quoted?

Latest posts