Fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daz29

Reaction score
I brewed a witbier last Sunday it never started fermenting till Tuesday am. It’s now finished fermenting and it under a week old I took a Gravity reading and was 1:006 it should be 1:011 would you bottle or leave for 2 days and take another reading

It is unlikely to go down any more. If it does you are beginning to move into the wild yeast infection zone from the little I know about it. If it were mine I would give it another 3 or 4 days to let the yeast clean up and find a cold place if I had one at the end, to get the yeast to drop, and then check the SG with a view to bottling.

It is unlikely to go down any more. If it does you are beginning to move into the wild yeast infection zone from the little I know about it. If it were mine I would give it another 3 or 4 days to let the yeast clean up and find a cold place if I had one at the end, to get the yeast to drop, and then check the SG with a view to bottling.
Ok thank you do well

Latest posts

Back