Fermented out in 4 days ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a AG on Sunday. 23L of Cornish pale. Hit my expected OG of 1048 and Pitched dry Safale 04 at 22’C then straight into the FF at 19’C. By Wednesday all activity had stopped so I took a GR and already hit 1012, increased temp to 22’c, checked again Thursday and this morning,, 1012 !. How is it possible for fermentation to have only taken 4 days, tastes and look fine 🤷🏼‍♂️.

That's normal for this yeast. I leave for 7 days then transfer to 2FV to cold crash for 3 then bottle or keg.

That's normal for this yeast. I leave for 7 days then transfer to 2FV to cold crash for 3 then bottle or keg.
Iv used the safale 04 many times but it’s never got through it this quick, even when pitching on previous brews cake and fermenting at a higher temp. Im new to AG it’s only my 5th brew, but I’m not complaining at 4 days. Just thought I might have messed something up. Only difference with this brew is Iv rigged up a circulation pump. I just always thought only way to get these results was to use a Kviek yeast. 👌🏽

I've read a lot of comments on here about S-04 finishing in a few days, it's a yeast I use regularly and I've never had it finish that quick, currently have one in a brew on Day12 and just about to check it.

I did a AG on Sunday. 23L of Cornish pale. Hit my expected OG of 1048 and Pitched dry Safale 04 at 22’C then straight into the FF at 19’C. By Wednesday all activity had stopped so I took a GR and already hit 1012, increased temp to 22’c, checked again Thursday and this morning,, 1012 !. How is it possible for fermentation to have only taken 4 days, tastes and look fine 🤷🏼‍♂️.
I have found the same, I recently split a 40 litre batch to 20 litres each fermenter, 1 pitched with S04 the other with CN-36, the CN-36 was off the starting blocks first, but the SO4 pipped the CN-36 at the post. Could have been the difference in attenuation though.

Latest posts

Back