Fermenter King is imminent...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B2B

THBF Sponsor.
Reaction score
All good things come to those that wait so legend has it... personally I think thats **** and boats should swim faster.

We're taking this with a pinch of salt because we're being let down on containers in left, right and centre.... but the Fermenter King are an hour away from pulling into the yard here!!!

So we're going to run a little competition.

Anyone buying a Fermenter King Junior before 12 noon Monday 28th will be entered into a draw... we'll have 3 prizes for 3 winners.

The prize... we'll send you a free Fermenter King 20ltr PET Keg with your order to help you keep yor production lines of ale flowing. These kegs aren't available in the UK yet so you'll be the first to give them a run out but we'll be getting them over on future containers. Sorry they are so new I can't even give you a link so you can check it out, but they look a lot like this... (Yes they're here now)

kk.jpg

P.S. We also have a limited qty of Fermentasaurus G2 Starter Kits bundled together with the Pressure kit for the awesome price of £99.95

Give us an hour or so whilst we book it all into stock :)

Attachments

• wh.jpg
    wh.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 99
Have the Chubbys arrived as well? I've noticed that the pic has appeared on your website. Thanks

Just bought me a FKJ. Looking forward to getting it and the extra flexibility it will give me alongside my snubnose. First job for it will be as a secondary for a Belgian quad I've got planned so I don't tie up another fermenter or keg for a long period

I'd happily order one of the G2 starter kits but I'd appreciate a view on whether the Fermenter King or Fermentasaurus is better for closed transfer and yeast harvesting?

They are showing as out of stock on the site at the moment.

Anna

@DocAnna The site may have updated as they are now showing as in stock.

I spent some time thinking about what pressure fermenter to go for and in the end I went for the snubnose. I came to the conclusion that the collection bottle and dump valve on the G2 and G3 was an unnecessary complication that also makes it more difficult to clean and keep sanitary. You can still harvest yeast with the snubnose once the beer has been racked off, although personally I just overbuild starters to create reusable yeast rather than go through the faff of washing yeast. Closed transfer is exactly the same with the snubnose and I find dry hopping is fine if you're careful with releasing the pressure and venting and repressurising afterwards. I've been delighted with it so far.

Last edited:
Have the Chubbys arrived as well? I've noticed that the pic has appeared on your website. Thanks

Sorry these have only just finished development, they'll be on the next container we order though but freight being freight now it takes around 2 months door to door from Aus right now. Will be ordering soon though.

There should also be the 20ltr PET kegs and a 30ltr PET keg on there as new lines as well.

Sorry these have only just finished development, they'll be on the next container we order though but freight being freight now it takes around 2 months door to door from Aus right now. Will be ordering soon though.

There should also be the 20ltr PET kegs and a 30ltr PET keg on there as new lines as well.
Any idea of the price point for the PET kegs? I could do with another Corny but if these are cheaper I could be tempted as a Christmas buy.

@DocAnna The site may have updated as they are now showing as in stock.

I spent some time thinking abut what pressure fermenter to go for and in the end I went for the snubnose. I came to the conclusion that the collection bottle and dump valve on the G2 and G3 was an unnecessary complication that also makes it more difficult to clean and keep sanitary. You can still harvest yeast with the snubnose once the beer has been racked off, although personally I just overbuild starters to create reusable yeast rather than go through the faff of washing yeast. Closed transfer is exactly the same with the snubnose and I find dry hopping is fine if you're careful with releasing the pressure and venting and repressurising afterwards. I've been delighted with it so far.
Thanks for the sense check! Think I'll wait till after Christmas and see what I can treat myself to!

Anna

I'd happily order one of the G2 starter kits but I'd appreciate a view on whether the Fermenter King or Fermentasaurus is better for closed transfer and yeast harvesting?

Anna

We haven't had a chance to play with a G3 as yet so I think @CEO Keg King is in a better place to answer this for you Anna.

The G3 has significant updated features over the G2 in relation to the plunger valve which now also acts as a thermowell for your inkbird probe, a dry hop port, the plunger also acts to tether the floating pickup so you're drawing the cleanest possible ale from the tank as possible.

Mrs Brewnaldo has now ordered me the G3 from B2B for my birthday. Let that be a lesson to all forum sponsors, Brewnaldo is easily seduced.

Mrs Brewnaldo has now ordered me the G3 from B2B for my birthday. Let that be a lesson to all forum sponsors, Brewnaldo is easily seduced.

Happy Birthday :)

As a gift from us let us know your order details and I'll throw one of the Silver PET kegs in as a present from us as well :)

Cheers

We need to get this order sorted asap really, just waiting on a few details and I'll put the next one together

hopefully the boat will have an engine this time and get here faster than it took them to paddle last time :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back