Fermenting fridge - is this OK?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone with the tube heater in a fridge tried to hold the temp at 25-26? I was looking at Belgian fermentation and it was suggested hold the temp to 18C for 2-3 days then let it rise naturally to no more than 26 but not to let it drop once it got there.
I'm keen to buy an Inkbird and fridge and tube heater but wondered if the 40w tube was good enough to maintain at this heat.

Has anyone with the tube heater in a fridge tried to hold the temp at 25-26? I was looking at Belgian fermentation and it was suggested hold the temp to 18C for 2-3 days then let it rise naturally to no more than 26 but not to let it drop once it got there.
I'm keen to buy an Inkbird and fridge and tube heater but wondered if the 40w tube was good enough to maintain at this heat.
Any fridge, by it's very nature has good insulation, this will help keep the interior warmer than the ambient just as well as it can keep it cooler. 25-26°C is not significantly higher than the ambient at the moment, so I would wager that it was easily achievable. I am contemplating doing something similar, but to 30-35°C for a Kveik brew shortly.

Any fridge, by it's very nature has good insulation, this will help keep the interior warmer than the ambient just as well as it can keep it cooler. 25-26°C is not significantly higher than the ambient at the moment, so I would wager that it was easily achievable. I am contemplating doing something similar, but to 30-35°C for a Kveik brew shortly.
Cheers, I guess if not I could always upgrade the tube at a later date. Now to source the components and build!!

Latest posts

Back