Fermenting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds fine to me. I did lots of Coopers' Lager kits (not the Euro Lager, though) and after five days, the initial vigorous fermentation has subsided. After a while, I learned the eternal truth of kit brewing - leave it for 14 days in the FV before doing anything else, irrespective of what it says in the little booklet that Coopers send out with every kit. Very little need to stir it, mess with it or anything else. 21C is fine for the Coopers yeast and all will be good if you leave the poor thing alone for a bit.
Hi cheers as I said first one I’m trying to read up on this forum and all advice is taken !
Only thing is the more you read into things there are massive contradictions to how people brew the same thing
I am looking at bulldog Thor’s hammer 6% lager next
I’m in no rush don’t want to ruin any brew and put me off brewing plus gives me more time to stock up on bottles
Cheers for your advice

Fg been 1008 since Friday so went ahead and bottled today ! Tastes quite fruity !! But I’m full of cold ManFlu !! Missus said when she went to work.
Need to wait until it’s carbonated and hopefully I’m ok by then for a proper tasting !!

Attachments

• F7BAA3BE-39D1-41B6-81D7-749F0E2795CA.png
    F7BAA3BE-39D1-41B6-81D7-749F0E2795CA.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 58
Hi just taken a reading it’s at 1010 after 5 days would a quick stir make a difference ?
Or just leave it and test again tomorrow
I’m a little green at this this is my first brew so any tips are greatly received
As @Slid has said the normal advice given to new homebrewers is to leave it for about two weeks from the start before you package it i.e. bottle or keg it. So I would leave it alone for at least another 5 days, or even longer before you next open up the FV, There's no real need to keep looking inside and taking samples. By then it should have more or less finished and you should have an SG of about 1.008 ish.
And if you are starting off with kit beer you might find this useful.
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...de-to-brewing-your-own-beer-from-a-kit.57526/

Bottled the beer couple weeks ago, and been away. Home today and poured first bottle, smells really fruity and hoppy, first taste is fruity and creamy but then here’s a really bitter after taste ??
Ideas, is this the type of hop

Thanks Clint, I just don’t want to be wasting maybe 300g of wai-iti and 100g of Manderina hops when I dry hop

Never tried those hops before, Be really good to know how it turns out. There’s a long running post about Verdant Putty on the forum, it’s NEIPA like beer, made it last weekend, it’s in the FV. Fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back