Fermentor chiller and it works!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itry

Regular.
Reaction score
I started a thread some time ago with regards of temp controling your fermentor. I bought a new fermzilla and thought this was a perfect time to test it. First up i purchased a new maxi chiller. The biggest one i think is a maxi 310. It has the biggest compressor and icebath capacity. I modded the internals. I removed the mechanical thermostat and fitted a pid one. I also fitted a switch that enables me to switch from the internal probe thermometer to an external thermometer. Like used on the new inkbird items. This is because then the chiller is measuring the actual temp of the ferment rather than just measuring the returned water temp and chilling according to that. Next up i bought the cooling coil kit for the fermzilla. I built it all together and looked the part! Then i connected the pipe work. And set to 2c to chill. The temp on the chiller was 2c. The temp on the tilt was 5.4c. So i used an external thermometer and it read 3c. I changed the chiller to -2c. The brew has got down to 1.5c in the fermentor. Which it has been at for 3 days. Very pleased
Check my instagram for more photos
20200405_101233.jpg
20200322_134051.jpg
20200405_150128.jpg

Latest posts

Back