Ferminator Launch at Geterbrewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Get_Er_Brewed

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
First up we introduce the Ferminator Basic
Ferminator ensures fermentation at a precise and stable temperature. At room temp. (20°) the Ferminator can lower the temp. to 0° and raise it to 50°*.

The Ferminator makes is possible to ferment at the precise desired temperature. For example, it is possible to ferment a pilsner or lager at the proper low temperature or an ale at high temperature to achieve lots of desired esters.

The Ferminator keeps the temperature constant during the fermentation process and can of course be adjusted at any time. A constant fermentation temperature ensures unwanted flavour notes can be avoided and that the yeast will go into a hibernation state.

The Ferminator gives you full control over the fermentation and lets you experiment with completely new flavour notes and profiles.

Cooling/Heating Unit

At room temperature (20°C) the Ferminator can lower the temperature to 0C and raise the temperature to 50°C*.
The range for temperature regulation is +-0.5°C, meaning that the temperature must be +-0.5°C beyond the set temperature before the Ferminator will start the regulation.

Lowers temperature down to 20°C relative to ambient temp*.
Raises the temperature up to 30°C relative to ambient temp*.
The built-in fan ensures evenly temperature throughout the Ferminator.
The control unit is easily programmed and displays the actual temperature and set temperature.
The temperature sensor can be mounted either on or inside the fermentation unit with a thermowell thereby measuring the precise temperature of the liquid.
Maximum power consumption: 75 Watts, standby: 1 Watt.
Sound level
Fan speed can be adjusted in 3 levels by pressing the Fan Speed button.

High: 51 dB
Medium: 47 dB
Low: 43 dB

Expansion Module

The expansion module has a height of 22 cm.
The Ferminator can be expanded with several expansion modules an additional cooling/ heating unit on the back.
The expansion module and Ferminator can be disassembled taking up minimal storage space.
Ferminator Basic
External dimensions: 560 L x 560 B x 651H
Internal dimensions: 436 L x 436 B x 531 H

Size fits:

32 L. Fermenter
30 L. FermZilla Flat Bottom
29 L. Kegmenter
Ferminator with 1 expansion module

External dimensions: 560 L x 560 B x 871H
Internal dimensions: 436 L x 436 B x 751 H

Size fits:

30 L. FermZilla All rounder
3 x 19 L. Corneliuskegs.
58 L. Kegmenter
Ferminator with 2 expansion modules
External dimensions: 560 L x 560 B x 1091H
Internal dimensions: 436 L x 436 B x 971 H

Size fits:

27 L. FermZilla
35 L. FermZilla
60 L. FermZilla All rounder
4 x 19 L. Corneliuskegs.

Ferminator with 3 expansion modules
External dimensions: 560 L x 560 B x 1311H
Internal dimensions: 436 L x 436 B x 1191 H

Size fits:

55 L. FermZilla

Check them out here:
https://www.geterbrewed.com/ferminator-basic/

Attachments

• GEB-SM-The-Ferminator Launch.jpg
    GEB-SM-The-Ferminator Launch.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 284
The basic ferminator is listed, what about the expansion modules cost?

I have both a 30L All Rounder & 27L Fermzilla, interested also.

Nice looking bit of kit, I've got a birthday coming up so would be great, I have a 30l Speidel would I need and expansion module?

Just measure the height of your unit and calculate the extra height required from the basic model. The basic is 531mm high internally and every module increases the height by 220mm, internal footprint dimensions are all the same from what I can see 436mm x 436mm

Please note this is not a general discussion forum if you have questions about items the sponsors have posted feel free to post everything else will be removed.

Did I read that there were additional cooling units for the modules, or will one unit be able to handle the extra capacity?

I'm a bit confused by this product. Apart from the fan I don't see any heating or cooling elements so I'm not sure how it works. Is there anymore information?

I'm a bit confused by this product. Apart from the fan I don't see any heating or cooling elements so I'm not sure how it works. Is there anymore information?
It looks to me like it uses a peltier heat pump attached to a heat sink - thats the black thing with fins that the fan is then attached to.

Bump to see if anyone ever actually bought this. I am interested with xmas coming up....

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this from GEB before Christmas. It does everything it says on the tin. I have brewed a weissenbier @ 22C very successfully, and am currently fermenting a bohemian lager at 12C. The unit copes very well at both.

Back