Fermzilla 30L All rounder ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaisleyExport

Opinions are like Ar$eholes, everyone has one!
Reaction score
Evening all!

what are folks thoughts on the Fermzilla 30L All rounder?

I have it in mind for fermenting under pressure and for NEIPAs to keep out O2 while transferring to keg under pressure.

it’s on my list for Santa. Should it be?

This is the way I’m keeping the phone out at the mo.

As I add dry hops with FV open I’m trickling in CO2 up through the tap via an empty keg.
Quite proud of that one 🤓

Attachments

• EB62C735-0DE0-4949-96EF-3CF4279C8A17.jpeg
    EB62C735-0DE0-4949-96EF-3CF4279C8A17.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 298
I'm pleased with mine as well - with a couple of caveats. I like to bottle a few beers from each brew to give away to friends and family; and bottling, or indeed taking small samples for gravity, is awkward from the all rounder. I confess I'm not fully persuaded of the marvellous benefits that fermenting under pressure are meant to bring, but I love being able to transfer beer into a keg without it ever coming into contact with oxygen.

But apart from that they are good, easy to clean FVs. I use mine in a dustbin of water with an aquarium heater when my brew fridge is tied up.

I'm pleased with mine as well - with a couple of caveats. I like to bottle a few beers from each brew to give away to friends and family; and bottling, or indeed taking small samples for gravity, is awkward from the all rounder.

Assuming you have the pressure kit, then bottling should be just as simple. Attach a bottling wand to the end of a length of beer line and connect that to the beer out post and apply a small supply of CO2

That’s what I do when I need to bottle some.

As for gravity samples I do similar thing but use a picnic tap with 3/16 line to the beer out

Assuming you have the pressure kit, then bottling should be just as simple. Attach a bottling wand to the end of a length of beer line and connect that to the beer out post and apply a small supply of CO2

That’s what I do when I need to bottle some.

As for gravity samples I do similar thing but use a picnic tap with 3/16 line to the beer out
Yes, I agree it all sounds simple enough in theory, and that is exactly what I do, but in practice it always seems harder than it should be. The picnic tap is fine for sampling, but unless you release all the pressure first, you're stuck there for 10 minutes waiting for the foam to die down before you can get enough to float the hydrometer.😴

With bottling, I suspect my problem lies with the very stiff tubing attached to my bottling wand so it is always trying to whizz off when I remove it from the bottle, added to which I am flushing the bottle before filling and again when full before capping. I fear a video of my bottling efforts would be more "chuckle brothers" than Youtube "best practice".

I am investigating a new DIY FV which has a tap for my sampling and bottling but at the same time holds enough pressure to do an O2 free transfer into a keg. I don't find my existing plastic FVs are good enough at coping with more than very modest pressure.

But none of this takes anything away from the All Rounder, it's just that for my specific purposes it doesn't quite fit the bill.

I guess every body has different expectations. It works for me as I hated bottling using a syphon, as none of my buckets have a bottom tap.

Started with a Fermzilla 27L but the faff to clean the valve and associated bits was a right pain. Saw the All Rounder and ended up buying two. Really simple clean and sanitise routine and closed transfer to keg and bottling a breeze. Suits me perfectly.

Just like Chris about I have the 27L but purchased an all rounder because I couldn’t be bothered to clean all the bits.

Love how easy it is to use and cleaning is really easy.

I put a filter on the end of the float and I pick up all the beer without any trub.

I’d definitely buy another if I could fit two in my fermentation fridge.

Just like Chris about I have the 27L but purchased an all rounder because I couldn’t be bothered to clean all the bits.

Love how easy it is to use and cleaning is really easy.

I put a filter on the end of the float and I pick up all the beer without any trub.

I’d definitely buy another if I could fit two in my fermentation fridge.
Hi, what do you use as a filter? Hop bag or something like that?

I purchased one with my all rounder. Thought, how do I fit this. Currently doing my first brew without it. It will be fitted for the second, thanks....

You just need to remove the little metal tube from the float and then the hose goes straight on the filter.
The ball float should then just hook on to the opposite end of the filter with the little metal ring

You just need to remove the little metal tube from the float and then the hose goes straight on the filter.
The ball float should then just hook on to the opposite end of the filter with the little metal ring
Cheers Matt. Simples when you think about it. I didn't think about it..😂
Thanks again.......

I used to have the Fermzilla 27L - so many bits to take apart and clean, and all potential areas for leaks. Not to mention the challenge of unscrewing the main body with one bit in a reverse direction. I now have both keg king Snub Nose and kegland All Rounder. As foxy shows, snub nose handles trub so much better, BUT a tricky one to clean as you can’t get your hand inside (unless you have Trump dimensions). The All Rounder has a sensible size opening. The connection of the filter and ball float is a great solution for avoiding trub on transfer. 3 cheers to Matt_W

Back