Fermzilla 30L allrounder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting an allrounder. I fancy the idea of seeing what’s happening when fermentation is going, I’m not ready for fermentation under pressure yet but at least I’ll be half way there when I decide to start. Has anyone got any experience with these? It would be great to find out if they’re worth buying.

I got one earlier in the year when they were on sale at Get ‘Er Brewed. I find it a lot easier to use than my bucket.
I bought the pressure kit, spunding valve and the harness thing off of AliExpress for less than half the price than over here.
Even if you’re not fermenting under pressure it’s worth getting the pressure kit, makes transfer a breeze and, as the vessel is completely sealed means you can shake the bejesus out of it to oxygenate the wort. I tend to just let the pressure build up to about 10psi and then use the pressure to empty my keg of StarSan, then I have a primed keg waiting for the fermented beer.
They are fairly easy to clean as well, you can fit your arm in easy to give it a good wipe down with a sponge.

A590809D-4303-43A1-8FB1-FA65B8AE0A5A.jpeg

Yeah also bought one on special. Really interesting seeing what's going on, I had no idea how much things stirred up during fermentation. Might invest in pressure valve too.
Downside is no tap for sampling so I use an ispindel in the allrounder and do other brews in my s/s fermenter with a tap...

Last edited:
I’ve had one for a while now and it’s my go to fermenter, even over my Fermzilla 27L.

Key benefit is being able to do a closed transfer.

i chuck my tilt in yet I still like to be able to see the ferment.

There are a few donts that we see people make mistakes.

1 if you’re going to ferment under pressure you need a spunding/blow tie and there’s no need to ferment at 35psi because it’s rated that high.

2 no boiling liquids

3 don’t clean it with a scrubbing brush, it’ll scratch and you’ll be upset it’s not perfect anymore.

Probably loads more people will think of.

there are also the Keg King ones, I don’t have any experience with those but I know some swear by them.

Matt

I have three of them, each fitted with the carbonation caps and float. I find them excellent, provided you use them with common sense, as @Matt_W has said. I now do all my fermenting at 10psi with closed transfers to kegs.

I’ve had one for a while now and it’s my go to fermenter, even over my Fermzilla 27L.

Key benefit is being able to do a closed transfer.

i chuck my tilt in yet I still like to be able to see the ferment.

There are a few donts that we see people make mistakes.

1 if you’re going to ferment under pressure you need a spunding/blow tie and there’s no need to ferment at 35psi because it’s rated that high.

2 no boiling liquids

3 don’t clean it with a scrubbing brush, it’ll scratch and you’ll be upset it’s not perfect anymore.

Probably loads more people will think of.

there are also the Keg King ones, I don’t have any experience with those but I know some swear by them.

Matt
It's good to know the Dont's - thanks for that.
I'm looking to get one of these too, hopefully before Christmas.
Also good seeing it in what looks like the same fermenting fridge as mine - thanks @stripeyjoe athumb..

I too have an Allrounder and a Fermzilla. I love the Fermzilla for its ease of dry hopping, but it can be a devil to clean. Whereas the Allrounder is lovely and easy to clean.
Dry hopping in the Allrounder can be a bit hit and miss if you use the magnet method as I do. I find it quite hard to support more than about 50g in a bag or bags, before it starts to slide off the rounded shoulder.
Bottling took me a while to master. I like to bottle the surplus from a 23L brew once I've filled a corny, but as long as you keep the pressure low at say 5 psi, it works fine.
I would have no hesitation in recommending both of them, but the Allrounder would win if I bought another because of its ease of cleaning.

Sorry for jumping on this post as well, I am also looking into upgrading from a standard plastic bucket, but can't decide between a Fermzilla and an all rounder.

What are the main differences?

Would one work better than the other for me. I do have a tall fridge with ink bird and heater already.

Currently I only bottle my beer after batch priming, but may look to keg In the future.

Sorry for jumping on this post as well, I am also looking into upgrading from a standard plastic bucket, but can't decide between a Fermzilla and an all rounder.

What are the main differences?

Would one work better than the other for me. I do have a tall fridge with ink bird and heater already.

Currently I only bottle my beer after batch priming, but may look to keg In the future.
I think it depends if you want to dump the yeast or not. I prefer "fewer moving parts", so am leaning toward the Allrounder myself, for ease of cleaning as much as anything else.

I have 2 All Rounders and I love them (and there are people on this forum who love the keg king snub nose version which I’m sure are just as good).

I don’t always ferment under pressure but I highly recommend getting a red Kegland spunding valve with a gauge as they are much easier to use than a traditional airlock (imho).

I decided against the fermzilla as it‘s too tall for my fermentation chamber and the dump valve looked like a pain to release. But if you intend to brew, ferment and serve from one piece of kit, then the fermzilla allows you to get rid of most of the trub and that makes it a good choice.

Some say that the fermzilla dump valve is great for dry hopping but I use this with my All Rounders:

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001493355889.html

Dry hopping in the Allrounder can be a bit hit and miss if you use the magnet method as I do. I find it quite hard to support more than about 50g in a bag or bags, before it starts to slide off the rounded shoulder.

I've tried that kind of thing but have given up! Now I collect CO2 in a corny, pushing out StarSan first, and then let fermentation push the pressure up to 10psi or so. When I want to dry hop I disconnect the keg, depressurise the FV and chuck the hops in, connect the keg back up and let it equalise, usually it drops to around 5psi which is enough pressure for a suck free cold crash!

I have both the allrrounder and a fermenter chubby like them both chubby harder to clean easier to use and fits in my brew fridge. Allrounder easier to clean and harder to fit in the brew fridge.price wise chubby wins it as it £49.50 plus a £3.50 10psi prv pressure ready allrounder £69.00 plus spunding kit

I have 2 All Rounders and I love them (and there are people on this forum who love the keg king snub nose version which I’m sure are just as good).

I don’t always ferment under pressure but I highly recommend getting a red Kegland spunding valve with a gauge as they are much easier to use than a traditional airlock (imho).

I decided against the fermzilla as it‘s too tall for my fermentation chamber and the dump valve looked like a pain to release. But if you intend to brew, ferment and serve from one piece of kit, then the fermzilla allows you to get rid of most of the trub and that makes it a good choice.

Some say that the fermzilla dump valve is great for dry hopping but I use this with my All Rounders:

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001493355889.html

How do you find the vavle? I have one however I have just been removing the lid and drying hoppping near the end of fermentation.

I'm planning a verdant clone and it asks for a dry hop after fermentation. I have the red tee peice, so Im thinking a purge of CO2 a few times before dumping.

I love my Fermzilla, if you plan on kegging and want to reduce O2 exposure, it's great/easy to use.

I have been looking at getting one of these for Christmas (ordered by me, gifted by the wife!)

I have one problem, wondering if any owners could advise. To fit in my current fermentation fridge, I do not think I will be able to fit a spunding valve to the gas post on the keg. Would it be possible to ferment under pressure without a spunding valve and maybe just use a pressure relife valve rated at 15 psi to make sure the pressure does not go above this? Any other solutions I haven't thought of?

Cheers!

EDIT - Just found this - Why you should never use a PRV as a replacement

So, back to the drawing board!

Back