Fermzilla All Rounder - £49:50 at Get Er Brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's without the pressure bits I notice. Adding the basic pressure kit on brings it to almost £80. Dunno if that's the discrepancy?

I've had some issues with oxygen for the last couple of brews so have ordered this to try out fermenting under pressure. Arriving later today so will be able to get a brew done in the next couple of days. I added on the pressure kit and thermowell too along with the doutight blowtie spunding valve

They look to be on sale everywhere else without the pressure kits as well for around £65, unless I've misread something somewhere! Got a pressure kit coming slowly from KegLand China for £8 anyway!
You maybe surprised, mine usually comes in around 2 weeks

Good spot stripeyjoe. Looks like a bargain at that price. Ordered one last night. I'll be using it just as a fermentor first then building up to pressure fermentation and closed transfer as I get more gear.

They look to be on sale everywhere else without the pressure kits as well for around £65, unless I've misread something somewhere! Got a pressure kit coming slowly from KegLand China for £8 anyway!
I did the same thing, bought the fermentor from get er brewed and the the rest of the bits off Ali express. Only done one brew so far but transferring under pressure was much easier than messing with syphons. One thing I did struggle with was fitting it in the fermenting fridge so I bought a large pet feeding bowl and sit it in that instead of the stand

I jumped on the bandwagon too. I’m not particularly bothered about fermenting under pressure just yet but was hoping that I would be able to transfer to bottles with a counter pressure beer gun. Anyone got experience of this or am I expecting too much ?? Any advice / thoughts welcome .

My understanding is that the fermentation process actually pressurises the all rounder when a spunding valve is connected. Also it can be pressurised with CO2 from a cylinder. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’ve got it wrong

I did the same thing, bought the fermentor from get er brewed and the the rest of the bits off Ali express. Only done one brew so far but transferring under pressure was much easier than messing with syphons. One thing I did struggle with was fitting it in the fermenting fridge so I bought a large pet feeding bowl and sit it in that instead of the stand
Where did you get he bowl from ? I’m a bit tight on space too

I'm not keen on using a co2 cylinder which is why I'm asking - if it can generate it's own pressure I think I'll get one. Hope you are right thanks ;)

So a Fermzilla is rather less hi-tech that I'd assumed?

ATEOTD it's just a plastic container where an air-lock (and maybe other fittings) can be sited in the lid?

I was imagining something with piping and pumps and cooling coils...

In that case I might buy one after all. I am not even nano-interested in pressure fermentation!

I jumped on the bandwagon too. I’m not particularly bothered about fermenting under pressure just yet but was hoping that I would be able to transfer to bottles with a counter pressure beer gun. Anyone got experience of this or am I expecting too much ?? Any advice / thoughts welcome .

I just fully carbonated a Kolsch under presure and bottled with a beer gun straight from it. Very smooth. Top tip is to get the temp as close to freezing for highly carbonated beers before transfer.

mine was a fermenter king junior but same principle

Back