Fermzilla All Rounder - £49:50 at Get Er Brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can tilt it slightly in the stand to lower the height a little depending on your batch size.

This diagram helped me, so I thought I would share it. Clearance wise at the bottom is only a finger width, when the stand is inverted.

Handy people have cut holes in a wooden shelf for the fridge, to lower the height again. I screen grabbed a picture from somewhere on the forum.

Kegland on Ali X have delivered in 2 weeks for me and is great for the extras.

Attachments

• 30l-fermzilla-all-rounder.jpg
    30l-fermzilla-all-rounder.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20210517_105514_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210517_105514_com.android.chrome.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
All my additional bits arrived from KegLand's AliExpress store, took just over two weeks so now I'm set up and good to go (had a couple of orders form them now, pretty reliable service and all have got through customs with no issues).

Now I've got to get a the Pimped Up APA all grain brew going, will be my first foray into BIAB & AG. Also need to keep an eye out for a larger fermenting fridge, my undercounter one is a tad too small and think I'd be better off with a 6 foot one so can fit the fermenter on top and have my conditioning kegs & bottles below. Here's hoping Freecycle comes up with the goods!

I'm not keen on using a co2 cylinder which is why I'm asking - if it can generate it's own pressure I think I'll get one. Hope you are right thanks ;)
Your fermentation will pressurise the AR. The spunding valve allows you to control the pressure, the pressure release valve is a safety feature to prevent a high enough pressure to damage the vessel. There should be enough residual pressure to serve a good few pints but you wil probably need additional CO2 at some point especially if the AR is in a fridge.

I just took the plunge on one of these too (purchasing additional bits from AliExpress as it's much cheaper and only took 8 days!). Just wondered how everyone's getting on with the All Rounder?

Really well, makes transfers so much easier. This is a picture of me transferring back from a keg onto some hops for an additional dry hop.
Added the thermowell but, TBH I prefer measuring the temp with the probe stuck to the side under insulation, I think that results in less under and overshoot In my fermentation fridge.
2CC69BA2-C558-4EDF-B7B1-A74AC0556342.jpeg

Yeah I love mine. I picked up some keg lube and apply to the lid and carbonation caps for security with maintaining pressure. Might be over caution, but worth it in my opinion.

Oxygen free transfers are a breeze.

Connect a picnic tap for gravity readings, mark your beer carbonation cap with a marker just in case.

If you are cold crashing, you can increase the pressure beforehand to carb the beer and prevent negative pressure issues.

I have the remains of an NEIPA that's 5 weeks old in a keg and no signs of oxidation. So perfect for my needs.

Last edited:
Nice one! I plan to do some experiments with fermenting without any temperature control - chilling the wort down to the lowest temperature in the yeast range, pitching and letting the Fermzilla pressurise naturally to 15 psi over the course of 24 to 48 hours as the temperature rises. Has anyone tried without temp control?

The oxidation and closed transfers is going to make life so much easier - I can't wait. Nothing worse than doing a brew, putting into minikegs and then discovering the hop flavour has been stolen and replaced with cardboard. I'm hoping the Fermzilla will help put those days behind me! It's only happened twice out of many brews, but it's still depressing!

Nice one! I plan to do some experiments with fermenting without any temperature control - chilling the wort down to the lowest temperature in the yeast range, pitching and letting the Fermzilla pressurise naturally to 15 psi over the course of 24 to 48 hours as the temperature rises. Has anyone tried without temp control?

The oxidation and closed transfers is going to make life so much easier - I can't wait. Nothing worse than doing a brew, putting into minikegs and then discovering the hop flavour has been stolen and replaced with cardboard. I'm hoping the Fermzilla will help put those days behind me! It's only happened twice out of many brews, but it's still depressing!

Can't see why it won't, any dry hops add 5 to 10 points before final gravity.

Only other tip is how to remove the lid easily. Release the pressure, unscrew the threaded part of the lid so it's loose but still attached. Apply a little CO2 via the carbonation cap and it bumps off.

I've mainly been using mine with Kveik at 15 psi and 38 degrees. You can turn a beer around in a week easily.

Last edited:

I pressure ferment in the all rounders at 10psi and I have never used temperature control for any brew in over 50 years. I have better things to do with my time and my back that lugging full fermenters in and out of fridges! Since I got the all rounders I have shifted fermentation from the kitchen to an integral garage, where the temperature has stayed fairly constant at 20-22C for the last few months. If the temperature drops a lot in the winter I shall either buy a heater or start brewing lagers.

This is a great thread, been thinking about lagers but do not have space for temp control. So I can ferment a lager at room temp, transfer to a keg and cold crash in fridge?

I pressure ferment in the all rounders at 10psi and I have never used temperature control for any brew in over 50 years. I have better things to do with my time and my back that lugging full fermenters in and out of fridges! Since I got the all rounders I have shifted fermentation from the kitchen to an integral garage, where the temperature has stayed fairly constant at 20-22C for the last few months. If the temperature drops a lot in the winter I shall either buy a heater or start brewing lagers.

Interesting! How long does it take you to turn a beer around with the Fermzilla?

This is a great thread, been thinking about lagers but do not have space for temp control. So I can ferment a lager at room temp, transfer to a keg and cold crash in fridge?

I believe the Fermzilla is perfect for this! I saw Dr Hans on YouTube turned a lager around in three days or something insane fermenting under pressure at room temp...

Interesting! How long does it take you to turn a beer around with the Fermzilla?

I believe the Fermzilla is perfect for this! I saw Dr Hans on YouTube turned a lager around in three days or something insane fermenting under pressure at room temp...

I normally leave in the all rounder for a week then fine with gelatine before a closed transfer to a 23 litre Chinese keg fitted with a dip tube and float. The beer will be transferred to my kegerator after a couple of days and will be ready to serve once chilled. So I could go from mash to serving in 8 or 9 days, although if pushed this could be reduced to 4 or 5 days. I rarely make anything above about 4.5%ABV.

So a Fermzilla is rather less hi-tech that I'd assumed?

ATEOTD it's just a plastic container where an air-lock (and maybe other fittings) can be sited in the lid?

I was imagining something with piping and pumps and cooling coils...

In that case I might buy one after all. I am not even nano-interested in pressure fermentation!
If you are bottle conditioning or cask conditioning that means you're already pressure fermenting, that's why you get a hiss when you open the bottle !!!
😉

Back