Fermzilla All Rounder Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I unscrew the prv and the airlock will fit / twist into the hole nicely. Then when ready to spund just replace PRV and put spunding valve on.
If I'm open fermenting I just put some tinfoil on the top and no lid during the early stages then airlock once it slows down.

Yes, I have discovered this, my KK Gen 3 blew off the trub collector bottle. Fortunately the plunger valve saved the rest of my brew. Spunding valve ordered.
The trub collector bottle blew off because it is fermenting in a closed environment. There was no where for the gas to go.
@GhostDoggyWoofWoof
That sounds like a lucky escape.
The plunger on the Gen 3 is a nightmare design for pressure fermenting. Great for non pressure ferments as a conical, mine is reserved for wine and open ferments.
I don't think it is a nightmare design, it is for those who I have read about who tries to lift the plunger under pressure.šŸ˜‚

The trub collector bottle blew off because it is fermenting in a closed environment. There was no where for the gas to go.

I don't think it is a nightmare design, it is for those who I have read about who tries to lift the plunger under pressure.šŸ˜‚
You would have to be very strong to lift plunger under pressure.
I know you are on the KK bias, but why spund to build pressure, take off yeast bottle needing to drop more yeast.
Reattach bottle and then you have to release pressure to nearly nil to lift plunger up so yeast can fall into bottle.
Trouble is having released enough pressure to do this the off gassing and nucleation has put all the yeast back into suspension.
It's a great design for non pressure fermenting.

Back