Fermzilla fermenters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking of stables 😉 I went straight to the horses mouth for an answer on lid diameters. Here is there reply.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for reaching out.

I quickly measured the internal diameter of the openings for the fermenters in question.
My measurements are as follows.

Gen 3 Snub Nose: ~80ml
Chubby & FK Jr: ~62ml
Apollo: ~116ml

Hopefully these quick measurements are enough to help you.

Let me know if you need more accurate dimensions.

Regards
Keg King Tim

Sent: Saturday, 19 February 2022 8:34 AM
I presume you don't want the old Snub Nose, you want the new! They have to get rid of the old stock before selling the new.

I'm going to wait for the (Apollo) 30 l snub-nosed. That's the one with the largest lid diameter.
Screenshot_20220221_082711_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hmmm, thanks Dave,
In the meantime I'm just pondering if I can use my old pressure barrel as an adhoc fermenting vessel as my SS Brewbucket is a bit busy!

The pressure relief band works above 10 psi so maybe it's worth a 19L test SMaSH?
Post Fermentation use the residual CO2 to transfer to corny keg then into Kegarator?

I have 2 allrounders the advantage for me is i keg, so once the wort is in the fv it never gets a whiff of oxygen until it hits the glass, don't be put off ag once you get your process sorted you will love it not knocking kits but ag is the better beer, i still do kits in winter when it is to cold to brew , i love taking a few simple ingredients and creating something special

Latest posts

Back